Author Topic: Registry Key saying no serial Number?  (Read 5993 times)

chris493

Registry Key saying no serial Number?
« on: July 13, 2008, 11:30:02 am »
Hi all,

Look at the attached images and you can see that the registries for Zurich and Ohare don't have any serial numbers. When I activate the scenery in FS it works. But when I start FS again later I have to reactivate the scenery because it enters the trial period. Will I have to purchase a new serial code or will FS Dream Team provide me with a new serial number? My friend purchased this for me on my birthday and he gave me the serial number so I don't know what the order number was or what email he used. Also to my inconvenience he now lives in Russia and I live in Australia so I don't know what his new email is. Can Someone please help me because it is really annoying.

Thanks

Chris

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Registry Key saying no serial Number?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 11:48:34 am »
As I've wrote you by email already, several times, if you don't have *any* serial number, you need to retrieve one.

To retrieve one, you need the email address that was used when purchasing. You told me by email that your friend that bought you the scenery now moved to Russia and has changed email, so I replied to you that you can either *ask* him (using his new email, I hope he's reachable in some way) what email address he used to purchase the scenery (it doesn't matter if it works or not now), OR that WE can check your order status and serial number, by simply searching by NAME and/or SURNAME, so I wrote to you that, if you would give us his name, we can found your order, and to that question, you never replied. I'm sure you still remember his name, even if he moved to Russia...

chris493

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 05:23:02 am »
Hi,

Yes I remember his name. His names Artur (first name) but I can't remember his surname because he's Russian originally and its something weird. I'll try searching for it somewhere. It's bound to be written down.

Is his first name enough to search?

Thanks

Chris

chris493

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 05:23:45 am »
By the way, the images wouldn't upload so I am unable to display them. Sorry.

SirIsaac726

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 05:57:01 am »
Hi,

Yes I remember his name. His names Artur (first name) but I can't remember his surname because he's Russian originally and its something weird. I'll try searching for it somewhere. It's bound to be written down.

Is his first name enough to search?

So your saying this person was enough of a friend to buy you a present (not a relatively inexpensive one either) but you can't remember his last name.

Anyways, if you read what virtuali said, it says they can check by searching for the "NAME and/or SURNAME".  But seriously, give your "friend" the respect of actually knowing his name.

chris493

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 08:53:55 am »
Dude,

He's RUSSIAN!!! His last names really long and I don't even know how to pronounce it never mind spell it. And besides he doesn't really care if I know his last name or not.

SirIsaac726

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 04:37:45 pm »
Saying that is foolish in my opinion.  Just because he is Russian...assuming your American, you're just helping the people that believe in the stereotype that all Americans are ignorant and don't know anything about the world or the people that live in it.  I've got an Indian friend with the longest last name I've ever seen...so long people shorten it to Smith as a joke and then halfheartedly attempt to say it.  But as his friend I took the time to give him respect and at least try to know his last name and I eventually was able to pronounce it and spell it (maybe an error or two).  Anyways, I'm just one person with one opinion and I'm sorry for even starting this argument.

chris493

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 08:52:14 am »
Yeh,

Your wrong in 2 ways.

1. I am Scottish not an American.
2. I know a bit of his last name but he doesn't care if I know it or not!

SirIsaac726

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 10:24:27 pm »
Ok...I said "assuming" so I clearly had no idea what nationality you were.  And what I was saying was it doesn't matter whether or not he wanted you to know his name, my point was that it would be respectful to take some time to know it.  Anyways, I'm no longer responding to this thread as it's a pointless argument that I regret starting.