Products Support > GSX Support FSX/P3D

GSX not showing up in addons

<< < (2/6) > >>

virtuali:

--- Quote from: ByteG on December 28, 2012, 12:21:24 am ---However I am not on "trial mode" anymore since April.
--- End quote ---

That only confirm what I've said, that this problem is entirely unrelated to the activation process.

--- Quote ---Anyway, when I tried to call GSX menu first using MCE and then manually with CTRL+F12 and it didn't appear. So, I've checked the menu and it was not there.
--- End quote ---

What, exactly, wasn't there ? The Addon Manager menu, the Couatl menu, or the GSX entries under the Couatl menu ?

ByteG:

--- Quote from: virtuali on December 28, 2012, 01:02:42 am ---

--- Quote ---Anyway, when I tried to call GSX menu first using MCE and then manually with CTRL+F12 and it didn't appear. So, I've checked the menu and it was not there.
--- End quote ---

What, exactly, wasn't there ? The Addon Manager menu, the Couatl menu, or the GSX entries under the Couatl menu ?

--- End quote ---

A picture is worth a thousand words - as you can see GSX is installed and there is nothing showing on the menu.

ByteG:

--- Quote from: ByteG on December 28, 2012, 11:33:56 am ---
--- Quote from: virtuali on December 28, 2012, 01:02:42 am ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

A picture is worth a thousand words - as you can see GSX is installed and there is nothing showing on the menu.

--- End quote ---

And I've found the following in the log file:

couatl v2.0 (build 2322)
log started on Fri Dec 28 10:50:16 2012

connecting to SimConnect...
connected to FSX
bglmanx non ready yet, waiting.

virtuali:

--- Quote from: ByteG on December 28, 2012, 11:33:56 am ---A picture is worth a thousand words - as you can see GSX is installed and there is nothing showing on the menu.
--- End quote ---

All the know solutions to both addons disappearing from the menu were already indicated in the above post:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7780.msg64351#msg64351

If you *really* tried ALL of that, the only options left are reparing the FSX installation, and if that fails, reinstall Windows.

ByteG:

--- Quote from: virtuali on December 28, 2012, 05:38:13 pm ---
--- Quote from: ByteG on December 28, 2012, 11:33:56 am ---A picture is worth a thousand words - as you can see GSX is installed and there is nothing showing on the menu.
--- End quote ---

All the know solutions to both addons disappearing from the menu were already indicated in the above post:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7780.msg64351#msg64351

If you *really* tried ALL of that, the only options left are reparing the FSX installation, and if that fails, reinstall Windows.

--- End quote ---

Ok, let's see:
- DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL with the antivirus entirely OFF - done (also turned off Win. defender and firewall)
- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface ... - done
- Reinstall GSX (using the full installer in this case) with the Antivirus TURNED OFF - done (at least 5 times)
- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning: - yes in Defender, couldn't find it in avast.
- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX. - still turned off
- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND... not there
- Go in the Windows control panel, and Uninstall ALL the instances of the Visual Studio 2005 redistributable runtimes. You might have more than one version: remove them all. - all removed and reinstalled (x86 and x64)
- AFTER installing all the runtimes, it could be useful running Windows Update and update everything, including the optional downloads. - installed all current updates

So points 1 and 2 are done

Regarding  Simconnect, I don't think that it is broken since other addons are working - such as FSUIPC, Accufeel and Active Sky 2012. And also Simconnect examples from VS 2012.

However, I did notice something in Simconnect logs:

0.10827 Exe Launched:  Path="fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe"  CommandLine=""  Version="2.0.0.2322"
0.11898 DLL Failed to load. Check for missing dependencies.
0.11899 DLL Load Failed:  Error=-3  Path="bglmanx.dll"

0.14866 DLL Loaded:  Path="C:\FSX\Modules\iFly737NG.dll"  Version="1.1.0.0"
0.15064 DLL Loaded:  Path="D:\FSX\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll"  Version="10.0.61637.0"
0.15495 Panels data export found and set to 20B319D8
0.20900 DLL Loaded:  Path="D:\FSX\FS Recorder for FSX\FSRecorder_FSX.dll"  Version="2.1.0.0"
0.21393 Panels data export found and set to 20B319D8
0.24268 DLL Loaded:  Path="Modules\A2A_Feel.dll"  Version="<Unknown>"
0.24498 Panels data export found and set to 20B319D8
0.24526 DLL Loaded:  Path="Modules\AccuFeelMenu.dll"  Version="0.1.0.0"
0.24727 Panels data export found and set to 20B319D8
0.24904 DLL Loaded:  Path="fsInsider.dll"  Version="2.5.0.8"
0.33422 Panels data export found and set to 20B319D8
0.84386 DLL Loaded:  Path="Modules\FSUIPC4.dll"  Version="4.8.5.3"

As you can see only Couatl and bglmanx failed to load.

Also, during the first and last reinstallaion my fsx.cfg was rebuild due to unknown reason and this didn't help either.

There is one more thing, please check the error below during the installation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version