Author Topic: KORD Update problems  (Read 5565 times)

chris493

KORD Update problems
« on: July 08, 2008, 08:59:44 am »
Hi all,

I recently purchased KORD for FS9 and I activated it and everything worked fine. I then downloaded AES and purchased credits for it. I bought AES for FSDT KORD and then found out you had to install an update for V1.96 to work. I install the update, make sure AES is at top of scenery library then started FS. After loading the scenery changes at startup, a message saying FS9 has encountered a problem and needs to close pops up. So I click don't send and FS closes. I try again and the same message pops up. When I remove the update only FS works again. Whats the problem with the update?

Any assisstance welcome.

Cheers

Chris

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KORD Update problems
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 10:02:50 am »
If your system config was able to run O'Hare before the update, it should work.

The suggestions are always the same:

- Turn off your antivirus, or exclude the FS9\modules folder from scanning

- Reboot Windows, do not launch FS9, clear your browser cache, and launch the setup.

- Under Vista, try turning off DEP and/or UAC, search on this forum, there are several threads about how to do it

- If you have changed your FS9.EXE (changing between the official version and a nocd version, or patching for >2GB) you need to run the setup again, so it will download the correct version for your executable.

chris493

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 06:08:44 am »
Hi,

Thanks for the quick response.
I have not changed the FS9.exe file. It is the standard one which is the CD required version. I am running XP Professional.

Im new to all this so could you tell me how to clear my browser cache please.

I also dont know how to turn off Norton 360. If you can help me with this it will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Chris
P.S- I am running Norton 360, Spybot Search and Destroy, Ad-Aware. Do you think having 3 anti-virus programs will effect it?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 06:11:20 am by chris493 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 01:40:28 pm »
To clear the browser cache, in IE you select Tools->Internet Options, then choose to delete "Temporary Internet files" (sorry if I'm not 100% precise, the exact terms change with the language).

I think having 3 antivirus might be an issue. Certainly, it will slow down your system a lot. Specifically how to do in all programs, might change but, in principle, you want to exclude the FS9\MODULES folder from scanning. This means your antivirus will still be active, but will not interfere with FS9 addon modules. Of course, if you have 3 antivirus, you need to specify this for each one.

chris493

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 03:04:56 pm »
Hi,

Thanks again. I have cleared the browser cache (took about 30 minutes ;)) I will try disabling all my anti-virus software from FS9 modules folder only. After I have done that and restarted my computer do you want me to run the update.exe again? And after that do you want me to restart my computer and try FS with the update?

Do you want me to start FS with the update and AES active for KORD or without AES?

Cheers

Chris

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 03:40:43 pm »
Just run again the update installer, it should re-download crucial files from the internet, so you'll be sure to have the very latest version.

Having AES active or not, shouldn't make any difference.