Author Topic: Another problem with Lihue and Hilo **SOLVED**  (Read 29049 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Another problem with Lihue and Hilo
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2013, 10:23:48 pm »
Same problem here. Switching to PHLI crashes the couatl.exe and I have no buildings.

I'm sorry, but I've installed PHLI just now, and can't see any crashes. And of course, building are all fine.

Chris

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2013, 11:27:55 pm »
Reinstalling helped and there I noticed that on your products page Hawaii Vol 1 and 2 is interchanged.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2013, 11:32:22 pm »
Reinstalling helped and there I noticed that on your products page Hawaii Vol 1 and 2 is interchanged.

Fixed, thank you.

gerald

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2013, 12:18:20 pm »
Very strange behaviour:
Regarding to the post from Lawmen (thank you!) I tried today his proposal - even Umberto was speaking from a coincidence - and copied the old .pye-file after reinstalling and re-registration of Hawaii-1 only (without GSX !!) into the mentioned couatl-folder. After running FSX I checked first PHNL and PHTO, everything o.k. and so I tried to go to PHLI - and was very happy to see all buildings - see first screenshot in the attachments! But ... but only for 10 sec, then they disappeared, but this time not the couatl-menu - see second screenshot. So, my pleasure was very short and I went back and took the "new" .pye-file again, but couatl-menu crashed in Lihue as before, so I de-activated the Lihue-scenery inside the FSX-scenery-library.
I did not give up and tried the old .pye-file again, but in the meantime the PHLI-scenery was deactivated in the scenery-library. Nevertheless, I checked what happens now in Lihue and I was very surprised - I realised all the FSDT-Lihue-buildings as well the palms around without any couatl-crash - although the Lihue-Scenery is de-activated !?!? - see third screenshot! But there are some constraints, e.g. that AES is not working - because the scenery is deactivated of course - and there are signs on the taxiways - see last screenshot.
So, for me it is a compromise-solution at the moment, but this behaivior is very strange.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2013, 12:35:44 pm »
Nevertheless, I checked what happens now in Lihue and I was very surprised - I realised all the FSDT-Lihue-buildings as well the palms around without any couatl-crash - although the Lihue-Scenery is de-activated !?!?

That is all normal. The scenery buildings are not created by the Scenery Library, that contains basically just the AFCAD and few other things, so Couatl must check if you have the "Hawaii2" product active and, to speed up the check at FSX startup, it only checks if PHOG is activated in the Scenery Library, not both (assuming that if you installed it, you'll want to use both airports), that's why with PHLI disabled, you see both the default scenery and FSDT buildings together.

but only for 10 sec, then they disappeared, but this time not the couatl-menu - see second screenshot.

This look suspicious, since you mentioned AES too, it's possible you are using FSUIPC, which is killing the objects to prepare an AES parking ? Try changing the FSUIPC4.INI file parameter "DeleteVehiclesForAES=Yes" to "No"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2013, 01:00:49 pm »
i can run fsx with all sliders allmost to the right with allmost all airports , never oom at klax but with cyvr it is different , frames are good

CYVR is a bit larger than KLAX, and the default area already takes more memory than KLAX area even without any addon. This means, you will probably have to:

- Lower your settings

OR

- Don't use too many add-ons at the same time

OR

- Switch to DX10, which CYVR supports

OR

- Switch off HD Textures

Plenty of options. We are working on an update that will allow you to save an additional 150-200MB at CYVR, by letting you choose a lower quality for dynamic shadows (only, the base textures will), so there will be an additional option to choose.

Please, don't reply about CYVR in this topic, this is supposed to be the Hawaii support forum.

737guy1

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2013, 12:08:56 am »
this .pye file worked like a charm for me where nothing else would.  Thank you very much!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 11:36:52 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2013, 11:37:19 am »

gerald

Re: Another problem with Lihue and Hilo **SOLVED**
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2013, 01:19:10 pm »
Hallo Umberto,
it lasts a long time to find the failure, but now with the windsock also my Lihue-scenery is working well again - thank you!
Ciao,
Gerald

medeo04

Re: Another problem with Lihue and Hilo **SOLVED**
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2013, 09:32:41 pm »
+1

thanks for solving the problem with PHLI.

Michael.