Author Topic: Another problem with Lihue and Hilo **SOLVED**  (Read 29040 times)

gerald

Re: Another problem with Lihue and Hilo
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2012, 11:27:47 pm »
Juergen, thanks for your support, but I do not have any other airports in this area, except PHNL and PHTO. Is it possible that you check and compare in detail the two last pictures from my privious posting with your entries? I am wondering that there are no "backups" for compatibility issues regarding PHLI, even you can find PHTO only. Do you use AES in Lihue?
Today I flew again the same route and carried out my first testflight with PHLI-scenery deactivated and started via GSX the couatl.log and the couatl.err. Also without the PHLI-scenery activated the couatl-menu disappears 10 miles inbound the runway. In the log-file couatl.log I could not realise any failure-report in and the couatl.err was empty. Umberto, what shall I check in the couatl.log?
Ciao,
Gerald

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2012, 01:56:11 pm »
Also without the PHLI-scenery activated the couatl-menu disappears 10 miles inbound the runway. In the log-file couatl.log I could not realise any failure-report in and the couatl.err was empty. Umberto, what shall I check in the couatl.log?

I haven't asked you to deactivate PHLI. Please do the test again with PHLI enabled. The Hawaii airports are special, because they are two areas in a single product, in order to turn off any Couatl activity, you need to deactivate *both* PHTO and PHLI.

data63

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2012, 10:16:09 pm »
Juergen, thanks for your support, but I do not have any other airports in this area, except PHNL and PHTO. Is it possible that you check and compare in detail the two last pictures from my privious posting with your entries? I am wondering that there are no "backups" for compatibility issues regarding PHLI, even you can find PHTO only. Do you use AES in Lihue?

100% same as my installation - I guess there's no need for extended UTX compatibility fot PHLI (also you'll see that this dirextiry isn't activated in your scenery.cfg  8) (I hope)

as I'm on holliday I'll make some more flights tomorrow (got to get acustomed to the NGX) - but I'm afraid, there's somethong else crashing your couatl.exe

Happy Landings

Juergen

gerald

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2012, 12:02:35 pm »
During the last days I carried out more and more testflights to collect circumstantial evidences, but the problem of missing buildings in Lihue still exists. But ... I had the possibility to find in one of the couatl.log-files an entry from an error-report - see attachment. Due to this information, I thought that the problem may come from AES. So first I activated AES in PHTO too, because the previous settings were for PHLI only. But it does not help. Also to deactivate AES completely does not help. I also uninstalled my Ultimate Traffic 2, but this was also not succesful to solve the problem in Lihue.
Umberto, I am really desperate, but I hope that you can help with the following information of the last lines of the couatl.log. The couatl.err is still empty!
Using aircraft data from intelliscene.cfg
Loading airport PHTO from C:/FSX/FsDreamTeam/PHTO/scenery/AFX_PHTO.bgl
Using airport customization from GSX.airports.phto_fsdt
Error: no model for Couatl type Catering available for ICAO PHTO and params {'exitAlt': 40.149872312375358, 'parkingRadius': 22.0}
Error: no model for Couatl type Catering available for ICAO PHTO and params {'exitAlt': 40.516493145863713, 'parkingRadius': 22.0}
Loading aircraft data from Airplanes\A320 Condor-pa
intelliscene.cfg provides aircraft data with priority 1

Best regards
Gerald
PS: The screenshots are for your information: a) PHTO fully working with AES, b) couatl.log, c) 10 miles inbound Lihue, d) 8 miles inbound Lihue - couatl-menu crashed!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2012, 12:53:01 pm »
Error: no model for Couatl type Catering available for ICAO PHTO and params {'exitAlt': 40.149872312375358, 'parkingRadius': 22.0}
Error: no model for Couatl type Catering available for ICAO PHTO and params {'exitAlt': 40.516493145863713, 'parkingRadius': 22.0}
Loading aircraft data from Airplanes\A320 Condor-pa
intelliscene.cfg provides aircraft data with priority 1

This error means the airplane data from the intelliscene file defines a door that is outside the reach of the available GSX vehicles ( that exitAlt seems to be too high for a door ), so you should fix this by creating a GSX config for your aiplane using the GSX airplane configuration editor.

However, this shouldn't cause a crash, just you won't see that vehicle and, most importantly, it should happen until AFTER you select GSX services, not 10 miles out, when the scenery is loaded. GSX doesn't do anything when in flight.

So, I think this is just another minor issue (that can be fixed by creating a correct config for your airplane) but it's not the cause of the problem.

Also, fact you don't have anything in the Couatl.err, seems to indicate that Couatl never encountered an error and, something ELSE, external to it, simply killed it for no reason. Are you really *sure* you don't see ANY other messages, even outside FSX ? Try to run FSX in a Window, maybe you are getting error messages, but you are missing them because you run in full screen.

gerald

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2012, 08:39:32 am »
Hallo Umberto,
thanks for this hint - I will work on this, but during the next days I will not have so much time for my FSX-problem. Any way, unfortunately I do not know what "couatl" is doing. Please explain it to me shortly (functionality) or  give me a link to any description.
For the moment I want to say "Merry Christmas" to you and all others joining in this discussion.
Ciao, Gerald

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2012, 12:43:53 pm »
Any way, unfortunately I do not know what "couatl" is doing. Please explain it to me shortly (functionality) or  give me a link to any description.

Is doing basically everything to create our sceneries and all the interactive features and the whole GSX is written to run entirely under it. It's an interpreter for the Python programming language. All our manuals have a description of what it does, in the first pages.

gerald

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2012, 09:15:16 am »
It is good to hear that also other customers are in my situation. Yesterday I carried out another testflights to Lihue with several configurations and in summary the situation is clear for me. It must be a problem with the new Lihue-Release, because without HAW1 installed and also without GSX it is possible to fly to Lihue without any couatl-crash!
Ciao,
Gerald

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2012, 08:17:51 pm »
Gsx and KSFO both are using the addon manager , could it be that the addon manager provided in the KSFO download from flightbeam be a different version wich won't crash the couatl .

As you might have noticed, KSFO installer also *downloads* the Couatl and the Addon Manager, just like our installers (technically speaking, even KSFO it's our installer, since we wrote it for Flightbeam...) and the download URL is the same, this means the files downloaded should be exactly the same.

And of course, I was never able to replicate any problems with PHLI, of course using our latest installers.

My only suggestion is to wait some days after we release Vancouver, because it will come with an entirely new set of files for everything, so maybe this might make a difference on your system. We'll also update the Stand-Alone Addon Manager too, so you'll be able to get all the updated software without being forced to download Vancouver, if you are not interested in it.

Lawman

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2013, 10:22:46 pm »
I think I may have found the culprit.

I too suffered from the same issue of the Couatl-menu (and buildings) disappearing once I selected Lihue. The error logs didn't show any error messages, BTW. As far as I can recall, the problem seem to have started with the (standalone) addon manager 2.9.0.5. I waited a bit to see if the (standalone) addon manager that came with Vancouver (2.9.0.6) would change things, but alas this was not to be. I had reinstalled the scenery and the (standalone) addon manager a number of times, even with my AV-software completely shut down (even the firewall) and the folders and "Couatl.exe" excluded from scanning.

So I started looking at files, comparing them to an old backup I had (using Norton Ghost). I stumbled upon the file "__init__.pye", which can be found in "<<your FSX directory>>\fsdreamteam\couatl\Hawaii1". On a hunch, I backed that file up and replaced it with the one from the old backup (I think that one came from addon manager 2.9.0.3, but I'm not sure about that). And lo and behold, the error at Lihue was gone and the Couatl-menu and buildings remained. All other FSDT-sceneries I have currently installed (Hilo, Honolulu and the trial of Vancouver) seem to be unaffected in this regard. After replacing the file, FSX started up a lot quicker, too. I could also choose the parking spot much quicker.

Could it be that a wrong file is included with addon manager 2.9.0.5 and beyond? I have included both files (one as installed by addon manager 2.9.0.6, the other from my backup) for FSDT to examine. I did notice the older file was bigger in size. One thing that might help: I believe the OP is from the Netherlands, as am I. Maybe it is a localized Windows setting (language) that is causing this issue?

Note: I suspect that the old file gets overwritten again when you (re)install another product or the standalone addon manager.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 10:28:40 pm by Lawman »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2013, 11:29:26 pm »
The .pye file doesn't have anything to do with this, if you seem to have it "fixed", it was probably coincidental.

Try this, instead:

Go into your FSX\Scenery\Global folder, and see if you have the following file:

vehicles_airport.gsx

If you have it, copy it over to vehicles_airport.bgl, overwriting the existing one. Then, install the current version of the Addon Manager, which restores everything to the current version, and check the scenery.

Lawman

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2013, 06:17:56 pm »
First of all thank you for the swift reply. Unfortunately your suggestion didn't work. I did notice that the "vehicles_airport.bgl"-file that the addon manager created was exactly the same filesize and datestamp as the file it made a backup of. In other words, it didn't seem to modify the file. Could that be the cause of the problem?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2013, 07:52:40 pm »
In other words, it didn't seem to modify the file. Could that be the cause of the problem?

No, date and time will not change, even if the file is patched. To be sure, you should check with MD5 checksum both files, to see if they are really identical.

gerald

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2013, 08:29:27 pm »
Hi there,
I also carried out today the suggestion of Umberto, but it does not help. As I wrote in my previous mail I already deinstalled HAW1 and GSX, so I had to re-install it again to look for a solution. Today first I installed HAW1 (after changing the files as suggested) and after that GSX. During this GSX-installation I got an error-message - see attached screenshot - which I can not understand. Can this be a cause for the problem? I never got such a message before. I clicked the OK-button and the installation was running to the end - see next attachment. Then I carried out the newest AddonManager 2.9.0.6 and went to Lihue - the same situation, no buildings - see attachment - even in Hilo and Honolulu everything is o.k. But beside this problem it seems, that the new GSX has been chanched. I tested it in Graz (LOWG) and the puschback ended in the snow - see attached screenshot! This was not so in the privious version !!
I really don´t know what to do - for the moment I deinstalled again HAW1 and GSX and I don't dare to buy Vancouver before solving the Lihue problem.

Chris

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2013, 10:18:55 pm »
Same problem here. Switching to PHLI crashes the couatl.exe and I have no buildings.
I bought CYVR a few hours ago and installed the latest addonmanger.
Can´t say when the problems starts because it was my first visit there. Hilo is ok.