Author Topic: Another problem with Lihue and Hilo **SOLVED**  (Read 29051 times)

gerald

Another problem with Lihue and Hilo **SOLVED**
« on: December 11, 2012, 05:24:25 pm »
Hi there,
I have a similar but a little bit different problem with Hawaii-1 than others in the forum:
After downloding the newest upgrades I uninstalled all my many sceneries and installed it new (with re-registration and so on, it takes me a lot of time ;-). All of them are working now except Lihue and Hilo. I tried another 3 times to uninstall and reinstall Hawaii-1 including running the AddonManager and afterwards sometimes Honolulu was also missing. Finally I installed the newest AddonManager 9.4.0.5 and the Honolulu and all the other sceneries were back again, but not Lihue.
It is very interresting but also confusing and has to draw the attention to the fact, that the buildings in Lihue were seen for about 10 seconds and then they disappeared ?!?
I want to ask you to give me any hint what I can do? For your information please have a look to the attachments. Can it be, that the FSGlobal Ultimate for Asia and Oceania may have any influence?
Ciao,
Gerald

« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 11:37:38 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Another problem with Lihue and Hilo
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 09:19:57 pm »
It is very interresting but also confusing and has to draw the attention to the fact, that the buildings in Lihue were seen for about 10 seconds and then they disappeared ?!?

The usual question: do you have the Couatl menu even *after* buildings disappear ?

gerald

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 01:22:23 pm »
Dear Umberto,
unfortunately I do not know what you mean with having the "Coatl menu". I am not that expert, so please explain it to me a little bit, what you mean.
Ciao,
Gerald

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 01:27:01 pm »
unfortunately I do not know what you mean with having the "Coatl menu". I am not that expert, so please explain it to me a little bit, what you mean.

The Addon Manager has its own menu under the FSX "Addons" menu, since you posted a screenshot with the Addon Manager open, it seems you are at least able to find the "Addons" menu and open the Addon Manager own menu.

In the same place, under the "Addons"you should also see the "Couatl powered products" products menu alongside the "Addon Manager" menu. Is it there AFTER buildings have disappeared ?

gerald

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 10:47:43 pm »
Hi Umberto,
to re-establish this situation I had to re-install Hawaai-1. Before starting the re-installation I checked with the standard-scenery the Addon-menue and realised the "Couatl powered products" - see attachment. During re-installation I realised in my System/programms that many (old) AddonMangers were installed, so I deinstalled all these Addon Manager-Versions except the newest version 2.9.0.5.
Then I reinstalled Hawaii-1 and could see during startup-situation at the Lihue-Airport the buildings for 10 seconds and the they disappeared - see also the attachments. Then I re-installed the AddonManager again, but the same problem. After this I checked the menue and realised that no "Couatl powered products" were available - as you asked. Do you know why?
Ciao,
Gerald

data63

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 11:13:44 pm »
As in your last scenery-pic the "Couatl powered products" menu is missing - it seems that couatl.exe crashed.

Happy Landings

Juergen

gerald

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 09:37:11 am »
Hallo Juergen,
roger, but what can I do? I bought and want to use the scenery Hawaii-1 and not any couatl-things. I did all the same procedurers than for the other FSDT-Sceneries and all others are working well. I hope that Umberto will have a good solution ;-).
Ciao,
Gerald

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 05:03:05 pm »
Does the Couatl menu appears when you start FSX at another airport and it disappears only if you go to Lihue OR it's not there regardless of the starting airport ?

gerald

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2012, 06:17:50 pm »
The Couatl menu is not available in that moment when I install Hawaii-1. Yesterday I deinstalled Hawaii-1 (again) and run AddonManager again and then all my other FSDT-Sceneries were o.k. and the Couatl menu is available too. So, in my oppinion the problem should be caused from the Hawaii-1-Scenery or somthing in connetion to this area, may be ?!? The most interresting point for me is that the buildings are available after the start of FSX and disappear after 10 seconds ?!? This occures starting the FSX with the start-situation in Lihue, Gate 5. When I start with a different situation, e.g. in KLAS or KLAX and go to Airport Lihue, then the buildings are missing basicly.
For additional information: Before Upgrading to the newest version I had no problems with Hawaii-1. I use also UTX-USA and UTX-TAC as well as all FSGobal Ultimate Meshes. In past I used also a photoreal freeware-scenery from Kauai, but I deinstalled it in relationship to the Lihue-problem. Shall I go back to the previous version?
Ciao,
Gerald

data63

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2012, 09:33:17 pm »
Hallo Juergen,
roger, but what can I do? I bought and want to use the scenery Hawaii-1 and not any couatl-things. I did all the same procedurers than for the other FSDT-Sceneries and all others are working well. I hope that Umberto will have a good solution ;-).
Ciao,
Gerald

as i've HI2 myself I'll try tomorrow - maybe I find something

Happy Landings

Juergen

data63

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 12:33:59 pm »
Tested for a while in PHLI - no problem with couatl.exe in any way

P.S. I also have the Kauaii Photoscenery active together with FSDT HI2 wothout any problems (just disabled the 2 PHLI files in that senery)

Happy Landings

Juergen

gerald

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2012, 09:42:14 am »
First thanks to Juergen for his information. Unfortunately I have still problems with Lihue, so yesterday Sunday I collected more circumstantial evidences in detail that may help Umberto to investigate my problem - see also the following screenshot-story attached!
First I deinstalled HAW1, resetted my PC, installed and registrated again HAW1 and went to Hilo (PHTO) first. As you can see on the first picture, the couatl-menu was shown, I upgraded it and all the buildings in Hilo were available more than 10 sec - no problem. Also GSX is working, even the pushback-car has some problems with the pushback-procedure ( see picture ;-). I was glad to realise that Hilo was working well.
Now I started a flight to Lihue (PHLI), where I had been in reality some years ago. The departure from Hilo was very nice, everything looked good also overflying Honolulu showed no problems. I continued to Lihue and checked the couatl menu about 20 miles inbound, everything o.k. and also about 10 miles inbound I checked it and as you can see on the screenshot the couatl menue was still available. But comming to the final approach the couatl menue disappeared and also the buildings of Lihue airport of course. So the problem seems to be in the area of Lihue or Kauai.
After the flight I checked the entries for FSDT in the FSX and realised that under the folder Hawaii1 no data for PHLI exist even there is an entry for PHTO. May be that this is a cause for my problem in Lihue. I want to ask Umberto to check this item in this particular case.
Best regards
Gerald

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2012, 11:21:26 am »
Assuming you have GSX installed, go into the Troubleshooting page of the "GSX - Settings" page, and enable logging. You need to do this when you have the Couatl menu visible, of course.

Then, redo the test at PHLI and, as soon as the Couatl menu disappears, check the content of the two log files ( the Couatl.log and the Couatl.err ) that have been generated. If you can't find those files, exit from FSX and enter it again, the Troubleshooting page has buttons that will open automatically the folder that contains the log files.

data63

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2012, 04:21:17 pm »
After the flight I checked the entries for FSDT in the FSX and realised that under the folder Hawaii1 no data for PHLI exist even there is an entry for PHTO. May be that this is a cause for my problem in Lihue.

the files in the Hawaii1 directory are not ones for the scenerey but only "backups" for compatibility issues with UTX (landclasses, coastlines, etc...)
The "real" scenery is in ..\fsdreamteam\PHTO / ..\fsdreamteam\PHLI

Did you check for some duplicate or interfering other airports in the Kauaii area (é.g. Priceville, Waimea, ....)?

I'll try to recreate your PHTO -> PHLI flight checking for any issues

Happy Landings

Juergen
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 06:30:29 pm by data63 »

data63

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2012, 08:39:16 pm »
Sorry  - no joy

I flew from PHTO to PHLI (PMDG NGX, all FSDT in the area, GSX, XPOI, MegaHawaii, landclasses, Kauaii photo, ....)
no problem with couatl.exe  ??? > :(  :-\

Happy Landings

Juergen