Author Topic: Some wishes and suggestions  (Read 7803 times)

mroschk

Some wishes and suggestions
« on: December 10, 2012, 12:53:26 am »
Hello,

i want to ask if it is possible to add a ASU ( Air Start Unit ) to provide bleed air in case of a APU failure?

Also if Chocks ( blocking the tires ) are possible?
I think passengers are talked as well here.

The tanker...can thea have a walking man with a hosepipe and a ledder under the wing?

But i have some suggestions about the Marshaller.
He must not ask the Pilot to release the brakes! He only informs the pilot that he is ready and have inserted the Pin.
Then he has to wait for the signal of the Pilot. The Pilot then turns on the red ACL and releases the brakes. Then the marshaller gets a signal from the pilot that the brakes are released. After that the marshaller gives the pushback a signal to start pushing.
Then the Marshaller informs the pilot that he can start the engines ( or not ).

Also the Marshaller has always to walk on this side of the plane that is between the Position and the plane.
I have a very easy picture added that better explains this. The Marshallers way is in Blue :-)

I wonder a bit about that because i send the compleete Marshal training to virtuali...

Thanks
Matthias

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Some wishes and suggestions
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 01:32:23 am »
i want to ask if it is possible to add a ASU ( Air Start Unit ) to provide bleed air in case of a APU failure?

We don't try to add anything that result in *controlling* or acting in any way with the airplane. Which is why doors don't open automatically, for example. Also, the APU system is something that every 3rd party airplane does differently, and even if FSX provides support for it, default airplanes don't use it too. And, those 3rd party airplane that implement an APU system, usually provides with their own Air Start unit too.

Also if Chocks ( blocking the tires ) are possible?

That might be possible.

I think passengers are talked as well here.

That's the most wished for issue, and we are so aware of it, that we even put a note on the manual about it, yet people keep asking for it...

The tanker...can thea have a walking man with a hosepipe and a ledder under the wing?

Not the easiest think to do, since doing a parametric animation of the hosepipe that can connect to the proper place under the wings is *very* complex.

He must not ask the Pilot to release the brakes! He only informs the pilot that he is ready and have inserted the Pin.

You must have a very old version of GSX, if you believe the Marshaller does that. He's not asking to release parking brakes since the 1.3 version which was released in March.

Also the Marshaller has always to walk on this side of the plane that is between the Position and the plane.

We'll have a look at this.

I wonder a bit about that because i send the compleete Marshal training to virtuali...

The Pushback changes made with March update were made MOSTLY following your suggestions so, it's me that now wonders why you haven't noticed it...

mroschk

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 09:32:18 am »
Hello,

i am sorry, but i did all the Live Updates and think i have the latest version.
In the Couatl.log i copied the first line:

couatl v2.0 (build 2322)
log started on Mon Dec 10 09:17:21 2012

Where can i see the actual version number in the programm?
Here it seams i have the v2.0. The last??

In my sim the Pushback man is asking me to release the Parking brakes.(see the picture attached)

Thx
Matthias
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 09:37:41 am by mroschk »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 12:13:15 pm »
In my sim the Pushback man is asking me to release the Parking brakes.(see the picture attached)

That message is the one given at the parking, the one that has been removed is the one at the end of the pushback.

As I've said, many times already, we must balance realism with the need to inform users that dont know what to do if they are supposed to do something to "go ahead", otherwise they would believe the program is stuck waiting for something, without knowing what it is.

mroschk

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 12:17:32 pm »
Hello,

hmm, i understand.

But that is such a big mistake.
I think if you put this rule in a tutorial every one can understand this.

Matthias

lionking

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 07:36:07 pm »
Hi Matthias,

Well, it isn't a mistake at all. It might not be the procedure or rather the phrase that is asked to the plane crew in real methods, but this is obviously easy to explain since in real aviation are real pilots and in FSX are mostly only ''wannabe'' pilots (sorry for the expression, but it's true) and as long as they're with us, this message-help has to be inserted, otherwise Umberto would have a thousand messages saying all the same, namely GSX doesn't continue after having informed the user that the pushback connection is done successfully and its ready to proceed.

Furthermore, the sad story is, lots of people don't read or watch any tutorials anymore (me mostly neither ;-) ) since they're used to have fully working software that is additionally even simple to use.

Joshua Kingston

mroschk

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 08:52:44 pm »
Hello,

thanks for the answer.

When you do this Job every night it feels so wrong,  but i can understand what you mean.

Matthias

grandfred29

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 11:39:17 am »
hi all,

Happy new year  ;)

I want to know if it will be possible to add the follow me function from gate to runway ?

Thanks in advance

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 12:27:11 pm »
I want to know if it will be possible to add the follow me function from gate to runway ?

It's on the list of planned features.

bryangb

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 01:39:01 am »
How about a truck (somewhat like the fuel truck) that comes and empties the waste from the plane (the bathrooms)?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 01:42:02 am »
How about a truck (somewhat like the fuel truck) that comes and empties the waste from the plane (the bathrooms)?

That one too, discussed many times already, and confirmed to be included, probably in the next major update.

booforty

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 02:21:01 pm »
In addition to wheel chocks, how about adding traffic cones under the wing, near engines and tail as is customary when an aircraft parks?

clintonjohnson9606

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 04:56:12 pm »
Umberto,

As I wrote in my post in the API area, GSX is my favorite add-on since I've been using FS all these 15 years.

Of all the airplanes one can fly in FS, my favorites are the heavies, jumbos, and superjumbos. When loading these aircraft, there are often three baggage trains, two with six or more ULDs each, plus one for the bulk cargo door that loads loose luggage on a cargo belt, after the cargo loaders have been parked off the apron.

I understand the difficulty in programming longer trains, so is it possible to make a setting in the "Customize this Airplane" window to allow users to send the trains back up to five times for more ULDs/Baggage, and add an option for the user to call a train to the bulk cargo-door with only a luggage cart/wagon/bin to load weird things like M-bags, skis, and other odd sized baggage, no matter on which side of the aircraft it's located (DC-10/MD-11 load bulk cargo on the left)?

Thanks so much for a great product!

Clinton

From the desk of:

Clinton A. Johnson
Nashville, Tennessee
United States of America