Author Topic: "Bouncing"  (Read 4169 times)

mleuck

"Bouncing"
« on: December 02, 2012, 11:49:46 pm »
On my initial loadup of GSX, I get some bouncing of aircraft and vehicles. It happens when I change views.

Has anyone experienced this? If so, is there a fix?
Thank you for your help.

Michael

boilerbill

Re: "Bouncing"
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 01:40:43 am »
I had this problem on my old Vista 32-bit machine, but not since I bought a Windows 7 64-bit computer. When I researched the problem, I found two general schools of thought about the bouncing aircraft phenomenon.

• Some people claim that it's an inherent FSX bug that occurs when you change the external views too often. Their solution is to minimize the number of times you change the external view while you're on the ground. If you have multiple monitors, open a separate window and select an external view for that window. Then undock it and move the window to another monitor. Use that external view while you are taxiing. This worked for me since I have 2 monitors.

• Others claim that changing the FSX Mesh resolution setting can eliminate the bouncing. Try increasing it by one 'notch'. If that doesn't work, try increaing it another notch. I never tried this option since the first one solved the problem for me.

Hopefully that helps.
Stu

Specs: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R, Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07 Hz, 12 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 465 w/4 GB RAM, Driver v301.42 , LG W2753 monitor (1920x1080x32), Windows 7 x64 Home Premium

mleuck

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 12:52:04 am »
Thank you for the information. I will give it a try.

booforty

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 01:06:49 pm »
I've experienced bouncing before, but find that it goes away if the addon sceneries I'm currently flying to/from/over are high up on the addon scenery list