Author Topic: Marshaller Suggestions  (Read 3720 times)

strikehawk

Marshaller Suggestions
« on: December 09, 2012, 05:47:10 am »
First off I would like to say that this addon has added more enjoyment to my flying both on and offline. There is not much in the way of vehicles that I could think of that has not been already discussed unless you plan on doing a military update. Having said that, I do have a couple of suggestions for the marshaller. Please note that i base these on real world experience both as an aircraft director on shore stations for the US Navy, I eventually ran the line shack for one unit I was with, and as a line rat at an FBO at KBFL in the early 80's.

I would like to see the marshaller bring your aircraft straight out of the parking spot while starting on the ramp and not at a gate. The FBO I worked at had 4 spots in front of the hangar that were "drive through" and we very rarely did any kind of push back unless it was for a re-spot as the pilots, for good reason, did not want anyone moving their birds. On the Naval Air Stations I was stationed or deployed to parking was the same, we brought the bird in to it's spot for parking and guided it straight out of the spot, gave the pilot a left or right turn direction, threw a salute and passed them off to their own devices. Since the marshaller is already wearing a blue uniform with a yellow vest he fits right in on a Navy flight line, the only change to him would be the flight deck "cranial" or helmet that all flight line/flight deck crews are mandated to wear. The tow driver is pretty much the same and would only need the head gear.

As I said I am basing these suggestions on a twenty year Navy career and a couple of years as a civilian line rat. Also, I would like to say once again that I am in awe of this product and I know a few other simmers that are planning to get this when they can, one said he want's in on the fun.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Marshaller Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 09:36:30 pm »
I'm not sure to understand your suggestion: right now GSX doesn't really differentiate wether a parking spot it's a gate or a ramp, the equipment and services used will be the same, the only difference would be that, IF there's a jetway, only the rearmost stairs will appear, but other than that, a ramp parking spot it's the same as a gate.

So, are you asking maybe for some kind of marshaller assistance while pushing back, but without a truck ? So, airplane coming out with its own means, and a wingwalker following it ? That might be tricky, because the wingwalker path is related to the pushback truck path.

strikehawk

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 03:45:14 am »
I'm not sure if I was clear, if not I apologize, the actions I was suggesting is for ramp parking such as for GA or military where the aircraft is not pushed back but signaled to pull forward and then signaled to turn left or right to taxi to the runway. In this case there would not be a need for a pushback as you would be continuing forward. As shown in the AFCAD I posted you can see the ramp spots are "pull through", meaning you don't need push back you just taxi forward. What I was suggesting was the marshaller stand to the right of the nose ( his view) and signal forward and then to the taxiway. As everything is already scripted is add the new signals and position of the director.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 05:46:58 am by strikehawk »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 09:08:52 am »
Ok, now I understand, it's doesn't seem too complex, we'll consider it.