Author Topic: GSX future suggestion!  (Read 4477 times)

Fall_Guy

GSX future suggestion!
« on: November 25, 2012, 10:13:05 pm »
Hi Umberto, guys,

Just a suggestion/idea, after GSX performs the aircraft pushback and releases the Tow Truck (the last thing GSX does at the departing airport)  would it be possible to either automatically play a Safety Video (AUDIO Wav File) or be able to select it from the CTRL/12 menu.  The idea being that GSX plays the audio file of choice during Taxi.

Sorry if this has already been suggested, but I really think it will add alot of realism to the whole GSX experience.....................which is excellent I might add.

Many thanks
John

alfke

Re: GSX future suggestion!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 09:03:47 pm »
I like this idea too, but an in-cabin crew announcement feature seems more like an FSX enhancement than a GSX enhancement. It can easily be added just by googling for it. I'd love to see FSDT add a bunch of features like this one, I just don't think that they would view them as GSX enhancements.

Just my opinion only.

theshack440

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 09:15:55 pm »
I used to want this feature, but I hear that from the flight deck the safety video is nearly inaudible.
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 09:26:49 pm »
I agree this is a neat feature in general, but do you think it really belongs to GSX, which means Ground Services for FSX ? I'd say that safety announcements audio/video are more an airplane system, and there are several 3rd party airplane add-ons that have their own way to do that.

toriu

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 10:13:47 pm »
Agreed, I have PFE and FDC installed and they include in-cabin crew announcements (with no audio problems).
HAF932 850WPSU X58Chipset I7-920(OC@4.0Ghz)
12GBDDR3-1600MHz Radeon5850-1GBx2 W7HP64bit
FSX-Accel REX-Essential UTEur/USA FDC PFE TrafficX
FTX-PFJ,FTX-CRM,FTX-NRM,FTX-PNW,UK2000-EGLL
FSDT-GSX,FSDT-KJFK,FSDT-CYVR, fsgenesis CS-767
FTX-ENG,FTX-SCO

[img]http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_