Author Topic: Loss / reduced Engine sounds after pushback engine start  (Read 3363 times)

lehbird

Loss / reduced Engine sounds after pushback engine start
« on: November 24, 2012, 02:55:09 pm »
Hello:

Just purchased GSX. I have flown 3 flights so far and have a recurring problem. After pushback and engine start up, I don't have engine or environmental / panel sounds (i.e.- altitude call outs, etc.).  To be clear, I think it maybe there, but very very low.  So far I have flown the Wilco 320 Airbus and the PMDG 737NG with the same result.

I have tried / checked the following:

My engine noise slider in FSX is up.
My Windows XP system volume sliders are up.
I have also, started and stopped my engines prior to call for ground services in order to ensure the planes engine sounds worked beforehand, and they did.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dave
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 03:55:55 pm by lehbird »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Loss / reduced Engine sounds after pushback engine start
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 04:44:19 pm »
GSX sounds don't have anything to do with FSX sounds, because they are generated by an external program (Couatl.exe) and use their own separate sound engine so, they are both unaffected by FSX sound settings, and can't affect GSX sounds either.

Nobody has ever reported this before so, it's very unlikely it has anything to do with GSX. If you have multiple audio devices, you can control in the GSX Settings which one to use for GSX, just to see if anything changes.

lehbird

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 05:29:44 pm »
First of all, thank you very much for the very prompt response. I understand what you are saying that it is not directly related to GSX, but clearly it is indirectly related b/c I have flown 100's of flights with these aircraft w/o these issues and they only occur after the GSX start up procedure. Could it be a memory issue with my PC?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 05:33:16 pm »
Have you tried what I've suggested ?

lehbird

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 06:07:43 pm »
I did go into the GSX Audio settings and change to another drive; that seems to have done the trick. Thank you!!