Author Topic: Here we go again - Faint Runway Lights  (Read 7969 times)

Fall_Guy

Here we go again - Faint Runway Lights
« on: November 17, 2012, 12:10:44 pm »
Hi Umberto, guys.

Having checked ALL my other FSDT airports ALL the runway lighting appears normal, visable and bright. ...... but KLAS are very small/tiny and dull.

I have, checked there are no duplicate BLG's, I have uninstalled KLAS and the Addon manager and reinstalled both,....I have read MANY post on similar subjects (faint runway lights) and I know that you keep repeating that the KLAS lights are default FSX,  But I only appear to have the problem at KLAS, ALL other developers lights are fine as well as ALL other FSDT airports and default FSX airports.

Could I please ask you to have alook at this problem again, because I'm pretty sure the lights were fine at an earlier stage and the ONLY changes I've made to FSX are your addon manager and GSX updates.

(just for reference what I have noticed is that when I deleted my .CFG file so FSX can create a NEW one.............I did have a duplicate .CFG file in the same location, however this .CFG  icon was a TEXT document format and apeared to be identical).

I have since deleted this file but alas still have no visable runwat lights at Vagas.

Sorry is long many thanks for your help and advice.

John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Here we go again - Faint Runway Lights
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 01:02:03 pm »
I have read MANY post on similar subjects (faint runway lights) and I know that you keep repeating that the KLAS lights are default FSX,  But I only appear to have the problem at KLAS, ALL other developers lights are fine as well as ALL other FSDT airports and default FSX airports.

We'll keep repeating they are default runway lights, because THEY ARE, there's no question about it. But if you don't have to take my word for it. Try it. Open the KLAS AFCAD with a program like ADE and check it, it will report the following:

Runway 1L/19R has HIGH intensity Edge lights, no centerline lights - Approach lights are MALSF with 3 strobes on 1L, NO lights on 19R
Runway 1R/19L has MEDIUM intensity Edge lights, no centerline lights - no Approach lights on either side and yes, this is CORRECT.
Runway 7L/25R has HIGH intensity Edge lights, no centerline lights - no Approach lights on 7L - MASLR with 5 strobes on 25R
Runway 7R/25L has HIGH intensity Edge lights, no centerline lights - no Approach lights on 7R - MALSF with 3 strobe on 25L

Which means, you should see approach lights ONLY on 1L, 25R and 25L. There are NO Approach lights on 19R, 1R, 19L 7L and 7R and YES, this is all correct according to AirNav:

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KLAS

So, if you are missing approach lights and checked one of those runways that are not supposed to have them, it's all normal and not obviously a bug.

If, instead, you are missing approach lights on ALL runways, that's an entirely different issue, which is not a problem of the scenery either but, most likely, a problem caused by another AFCAD in conflict.

If, instead, they are where they are supposed to be, but are "faint", that's an even different issue.

Could I please ask you to have alook at this problem again, because I'm pretty sure the lights were fine at an earlier stage and the ONLY changes I've made to FSX are your addon manager and GSX updates.

Runway lights at KLAS, being default as they are, are (and can't) be affected by GSX or Addon Manager, only by getting the current AFCAD with the installer. It's possible we had wrong Approach lights when the scenery was released, and this might have been fixed in the meantime, according to the above information, which is correct as in real life.

(just for reference what I have noticed is that when I deleted my .CFG file so FSX can create a NEW one.............I did have a duplicate .CFG file in the same location, however this .CFG  icon was a TEXT document format and apeared to be identical).

You think to have a duplicate, because you have Explorer View settings configured to hide file extensions so, the file is really named FSX.CFG.TXT, but you don't see the .TXT extension, so you think it's a duplicate when it's not. However, the TXT document icon is the tell-tale that file has a .TXT extension.

I have since deleted this file but alas still have no visable runwat lights at Vagas.

It's not very clear what you mean: are they "faint" or not visible at all ?

Fall_Guy

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 02:56:11 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Thanks for the reply.   Im going round in circles now, Ive tried pretty much everything I can think of (NEW.cfg, re-installed ALL FSDT airports and manager, removed Relux3D lights and ExperienceX aswell as REX+)

So I guess thats the way these lights are meant to be, but on my system and in comparison to other DEFAULT and FSDT airport lights they look far to tiny and weak.  Ive enclosed a few pics for your attention, but I feel you may not be able to get a true reflection on what I'm seeing,  so I think I'll be flying into KLAS in daylight hours only.

Many Thanks anyhows
John

selwing95

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 03:44:38 am »
I'm having this same issue.