Author Topic: We would like to hear your suggestions about a GSX Open API  (Read 67877 times)

Eduardo Moya

Re: We would like to hear your suggestions about a GSX Open API
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2013, 03:17:50 pm »

will be nice if i could see the trucks from the another person whose have the GSX

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2013, 03:35:54 pm »
More options in the pushback in this moment this system non functional

Just stop saying the pushback is "non functional", because this is obviously not true. As I've already replied to you by email ( so, no need to repeat it here ), the pushback works without any problems.

There are few cases when a pushback in one direction would end up with the airplane pointing in the opposite way from the exit, and the other direction will end up with the airplane into the terminal wall.

These only happens only at the LAST parking spot on long corridor with only one exit, like some parkings at KLAX. Which is why, in these special cases, we have a custom pushback route made for our sceneries, but GSX can’t automatically handle these cases all over the world, we might add in a future update the ability for users to customize pushback routes which right now is only available for our sceneries.

guda

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2013, 03:50:12 pm »
+1, when will the API be ready?

We would like to write a remote application to use id into a cockpit.

Or you could just publish offsets accessible from simconnect (like toggle output)
Regards

Dan
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 03:52:00 pm by guda »

OmniAtlas

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2013, 04:24:12 am »
+1, when will the API be ready?

We would like to write a remote application to use id into a cockpit.

Or you could just publish offsets accessible from simconnect (like toggle output)
Regards

Dan

Yes, a button to automate direct push back (program via FSUIPC?) would be good. This would work great for cockpit builders, using the console right now just breaks the realism.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2013, 05:59:30 pm »
Yes, a button to automate direct push back (program via FSUIPC?) would be good. This would work great for cockpit builders, using the console right now just breaks the realism.

Why do it in such a cumbersome way, when a simple keyboard macro will work just the same, as I've already replied to you the following thread ?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9576.0.html

robertcezar

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2014, 03:12:32 am »
Hi,

My name is Robert  Cezar, developer of It's Your Plane (IYP).

I've had a number of IYP users request that we interface GSX.

I'm REALLY sorry I missed this post back in 2012. Can you please add me to the Developers' Backdoor area... that is, if it's not too late.

I thank you in advance for your consideration.

Robert

Fabo

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2014, 01:26:13 am »
Since there seems to be more and more solutions popping up on FSDev that do some kind of object placement via SimConnect, maybe we could get down to it and define a way to share the objects?

From my side, it could work if you exported a function that takes an argument a title of an object that is not to be removed. Then internally maybe build a vector or something.
Or make it possible to define these objects in airport definition? Using regex maybe?

skipy33

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2015, 12:17:36 am »
Hi,

Don't know if the subject is still active or not but I'll be interested to have a remote GSX client to control it from a networked PC:
- All messages can be displayed there instead of the FSX display
- Menu for actions controled with Mouse and buttons
- Live time status of operations (and force end of boarding to allow pushback)
- Why not voice output in the Client as the trucks and boarding sounds can remain in the FSX environment?

Just some ideas :).

Skip.

SamiFathi

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2015, 10:06:11 pm »
I like the voice idea, it will help the prudct, also please make the catering time different for each aircraft if it isnt already. I am new here lol!

seam77

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2015, 11:53:59 pm »
Hi Umberto,I have small suggestion in future update could you do something with sound,just a correction when we simmer's operate a cargo planes like 777  or other. During Boarding there is a pax sound ,any chance to change it for proper Cargo sounds for Cargo Airplanes? add to GSX menu Cargo load beside Boarding?
 Regards Slawomir.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2015, 01:25:32 am »
Hi Umberto,I have small suggestion in future update could you do something with sound,just a correction when we simmer's operate a cargo planes like 777  or other. During Boarding there is a pax sound ,any chance to change it for proper Cargo sounds for Cargo Airplanes? add to GSX menu Cargo load beside Boarding?

This has been discussed and answered so many times already on the forum: right now, GSX doesn't know if a plane is Cargo or not. This will change with a future expansion product for GSX we are working on, that will cover cargo operations in detail.

No, this doesn't mean that you will *have* to buy that, but the work being done on it (recognizing cargo airplanes as such(, would surely allow us to allow the standard GSX to behave differently when using a cargo airplane.

seam77

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2015, 12:19:47 am »
Thanks Umberto.I waiting for that update

Skyzo

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2016, 03:29:58 pm »
Hello, My friend and me have buy recently GSX.
We use on French VA : www.dreamairlines.weebly.com

My general suggestion are following (concerning GEX) :

- Could you add the passengers model in order to see passengers go outside the truck, walk on taxiway and go in aircraft.
- Could you make choice in boarding "cargo + passengers" or only cargo for CARGO flights.

Thanks you very much.

Skyzo

Fabo

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2016, 06:57:36 pm »
Hi,

I've noticed on SODE pages a mention of API for GSX. Does this mean the API was actually implemented in the end?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2016, 10:01:17 am »
I've noticed on SODE pages a mention of API for GSX. Does this mean the API was actually implemented in the end?

Of course, but we still haven't released it. It won't be long, though.