Author Topic: logo on jetways  (Read 13451 times)

ianj844

logo on jetways
« on: November 16, 2012, 02:07:04 am »
Hi,
I would like to say three things involving the logo's on the the side of the jetways in this scenery.
1. The united logo on the united jetways has been changed to the new united logo.
2. The jetways at the american eagle terminal in real live do not have the american airlines logo like in your scenery but they have the american eagle logo.
3. American Airlines has done some changes to there jetways and have changed the way they look. The largest difference is that on 90% of the jetways dont have the strips anymore.
I have attached a photo of the american eagle jetways as well as the new american jetways and also the american eagle and american airlines logo that is present on the jetways.
If you could please release an update with these two changes.

Thanks,
Ian

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: logo on jetways
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 11:44:32 am »
1. The united logo on the united jetways has been changed to the new united logo.

This would be trivial to change.

2. The jetways at the american eagle terminal in real live do not have the american airlines logo like in your scenery but they have the american eagle logo.

This wouldn't. Because, for obvious performance optimization reasons (since they are all animated), each jetway is not a separate model, but many instances of the same model. Which means, if we wanted to differentiate them, it could be done, but with a cost in performances.

Whenever you see something that is not 100% realistic on a scenery, always ask yourself "maybe they did it for fps ?"

3. American Airlines has done some changes to there jetways and have changed the way they look. The largest difference is that on 90% of the jetways dont have the strips anymore.

That shouldn't be difficult to change either.

ianj844

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 02:23:32 pm »
Thanks for informing me of this first you have 3 different kinds of jetways already what it the trouble in four and also there are some of us that have very high graphic computers and this would probably not change our fps much.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 02:27:56 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 02:31:29 pm »
Thanks for informing me of this first you have 3 different kinds of jetways already what it the trouble in four and also there are some of us that have very high graphic computers and this would probably not change our fps much.

The scenery was made in 2008 so, it was optimized for the computers of that time, you can't expect we'll keep updating it along with the increasing PC specs.

And, for the same reasons (FS9 was still prominent in 2008), KORD still uses a lot of legacy FS9 code, which means it's slower than 100% FSX native products like KDFW and KLAX so, we'll probably could afford new features only in case of a complete redesign, based on FSX-native methods.

All our past sceneries are under consideration for this, but we don't have any released dates right now, and JFK will surely be remade before KORD.

ianj844

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 02:45:59 pm »
I'm not asking you to remake it I'm just asking for a minor update on the jetways.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 02:49:37 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 02:53:32 pm »
I'm not asking you to remake it I'm just asking for a minor update on the jetways.

As I've said already, it's not so minor, considering how the scenery was made and the possible impact on performances, and KORD is already on the slow side. These updates will be possible when the scenery will be revamped entirely.

KORD was updated fairly recently too with a large free update, there are other sceneries that needs treatment, with far more important things (like an entire new terminal at KLAS, for example) and our resources are very limited, so we can't do everything, but prioritize in order of importance.

ianj844

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 02:55:27 pm »
Ok so no American eagle logo but could you atleast change the aa and the united logo?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 05:13:48 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 05:14:13 pm »
Ok so no American eagle logo but could you atleast change the aa and the united logo?

As I've said, that should be easy enough, because it's only a matter of replacing a texture.

ianj844

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 06:31:42 pm »
So then could you please fix it

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 10:07:12 pm »
So then could you please fix it

I already said we will. Do you want a time/date, or you expect to have it immediately ?

ianj844

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2012, 11:47:41 pm »
You said it was so easy to do so why will it take you so long

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2012, 11:28:21 am »
You said it was so easy to do so why will it take you so long

And where, exactly, I said it will "take so long" ? Again, do you want it IMMEDIATELY ? Don't you think you are going a little bit too far ? It will be done reasonably fast, but that doesn't mean you can just ask for any request and it will be made in a couple of hours.

ESPECIALLY something so irrelevant like this, which is not a showstopper bug that cause an immediate crash so you can't use the scenery anymore, which is the ONLY thing that would get an immediate treatment.

ianj844

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2012, 06:51:24 pm »
ok then can you please give me an eta

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2012, 12:05:27 am »
Here's the textures, put into the fsdreamteam\OhareX\texture folder

ianj844