Author Topic: Dallas scenery taxi crash  (Read 11451 times)

David Rance

Dallas scenery taxi crash
« on: November 11, 2012, 01:49:31 pm »
Hi

Recently flying from George Bush Houston to your Dallas Fort Worth I landed on Runway 18R and taxed to stand E 14 following the AES follow-me car. Part way through taxing the aircraft suddenly reared up and crashed which I suspect indicates a hole in the scenery file.

Please advise if there is a correction for this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Dallas scenery taxi crash
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 01:55:37 pm »
Since nobody else reported it before (KDFW was released in 2010), the problem is surely not the scenery but, most likely, a mesh addon you are using for that area.

Try also with different settings of the TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL parameter in the FS9.CFG, the default highest level it's 19, but some addons requires to be set at 21, but this might create terrain "spikes" on some places, possibly causing a crash.

David Rance

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 02:41:10 pm »
Thanks for the advice and information on this topic. I'm not using any mesh addon. The only modification I use is FSScene which you no doubt know only modifies textures. I have the Terrain Vertex level set at 19 which I believe is the default. Are you suggesting a different value for this to suit your  scenery?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 04:56:32 pm by David Rance »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 07:19:12 pm »
That screenshot shows you probably have another scenery (maybe not mesh) somewhere in conflict, which is changing the ground altitude.

David Rance

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 10:17:41 pm »
Hmmm....this is a mystery since I don't have any other scenery installed in that part of America. I wondered if someone could taxi over the area I have the problem with to see if this can be reproduced on another installation. At the moment I'm at a loss to know what I can do to eliminate the issue.

All this apart your scenery is first rate and must one of the best currently available for the FS series so many congratulations.

sticky1202

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 01:44:04 am »
Could it be a duplicate (old) AFCAD file?  ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2012, 04:54:59 pm »
Could it be a duplicate (old) AFCAD file?  ???

That's likely, most of the altitude and/or objects duplicates are caused by other AFCADs in conflict.