Author Topic: Winter is coming!  (Read 9525 times)

Captain_Edward

Winter is coming!
« on: November 05, 2012, 03:37:58 pm »
Hello guys!

In Sweden winter has really arrived. It snows and has temperatures around -3degrees during the day atm. I therefore wonder when the de-ice vehicles are ready for release cause I surely think if its something you should release during winter it´s that.  ::) The water trucks and stuff like that can wait. (would only freeze during winter anyway lol)  :D

Regards,

Edward ;D

TuiflyX3

Re: Winter is coming!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 10:02:56 pm »
+ 10000! lets hope we can de-ice our boeings, airbus´ or whatever you fly!

ericdfs

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 09:07:31 am »
+1000 Any news about that ?

TuiflyX3

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 08:58:32 pm »
no statements yet..but i´m sure they will come!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 09:34:47 pm »
We already said, several times, they'll come. And, there's no risk you'll miss them, since the Live Update system will notify you of updates. Asking for them multiple times won't result in any faster appearance.

One thing for sure (which also was already discussed on the forum), anything that requires adding new models/graphics in GSX, will come only after CYVR has been released.

TuiflyX3

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 10:28:48 pm »
we´re just curious about *when*..we´re not trying to push anything or make pressure..

Kieren

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 10:29:58 pm »
To be honest, I'd rather they spent time on it and make it amazing, then if they rush it and it looks rather shocking  8)

Captain_Edward

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 08:50:24 pm »
We already said, several times, they'll come. And, there's no risk you'll miss them, since the Live Update system will notify you of updates. Asking for them multiple times won't result in any faster appearance.

One thing for sure (which also was already discussed on the forum), anything that requires adding new models/graphics in GSX, will come only after CYVR has been released.

I understand what you mean but do you have any idea of when that update including this will be released, cause it would be quite a waste to release it in february or something next year when the snow is starting to dissapear in most places. If it something I would love to have during my christmas flights its De-icing units  ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 09:17:29 pm »
I understand what you mean but do you have any idea of when that update including this will be released, cause it would be quite a waste to release it in february or something next year when the snow is starting to dissapear in most places. If it something I would love to have during my christmas flights its De-icing units  ;)

We always said, there would be no chance it would be released before CYVR. This means early next year at best. Is not that you *have* to fly with the real date: that's the main advantage of using a simulator in the first place, you can set any time/day/weather condition you want.

lionking

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 07:21:56 pm »
I understand what you mean but do you have any idea of when that update including this will be released, cause it would be quite a waste to release it in february or something next year when the snow is starting to dissapear in most places. If it something I would love to have during my christmas flights its De-icing units  ;)

We always said, there would be no chance it would be released before CYVR. This means early next year at best. Is not that you *have* to fly with the real date: that's the main advantage of using a simulator in the first place, you can set any time/day/weather condition you want.

Yes, you're uncompromisingly right, Umberto. But, what I suppose what Captain_Edward wanted to imply with his answer is, it may be more realistic to fly with, more or less, the real date, which means, if it's winter people are going to fly in winter season in simulations too. It's not just a cheap slogan ''As real as it gets'' that every add-on developer and distributor votes with, but it's actually true that most people want to have a simulator which is as real as possible and sometimes the surely want to have it more real than it can ever going to be.

However doesn't really matter, but the thing is; the first step into realism can only be done by oneself. Of course, simmers can say to this, there's a slightly difference between a realism simulator and having realistic simulator. The second one for me mainly speaks to the environment itself (textures, sceneries, airplanes etc.) and the first one is besides other huge factors, simply the date you're flying.

The long and the short of it, if people want to have it ''realistic'' with airplanes and stuff like that, for me, they should automatically fly with the real date. Only with this opinion, a simulator gets at least a bit real.
Joshua Kingston

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 07:35:09 pm »
The long and the short of it, if people want to have it ''realistic'' with airplanes and stuff like that, for me, they should automatically fly with the real date. Only with this opinion, a simulator gets at least a bit real.

Then it's very simple: you will have to wait the next year to see deicers, even if they will be ready way before then.

lionking

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2012, 07:40:28 pm »
 ;D Well, I don't mind about that, it's how it is and if it's outside my house 28° degrees, I just don't want anything more than having NO deicers.
Joshua Kingston

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2012, 08:08:19 pm »
;D Well, I don't mind about that, it's how it is and if it's outside my house 28° degrees, I just don't want anything more than having NO deicers.

Well, of course deicers will be available or not depending on the outside temperature and, in any case, they will only appear on request so, maybe, we could give some warning message such as "deicers are not available in these weather conditions", if you insist calling them when it's 28° outside...

nevetrek

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2012, 02:42:39 am »
In Zurich scenery from FSDT, in winter, you have every time  this option  :D

And for waiting this option in GSX, Look the video from  Andy Ruesch, that's simply beautiful ...
And this productor are also a lot of other beautiful video about Zurich ...

[ Invalid YouTube link ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 02:45:57 am by nevetrek »