Author Topic: PHNL FS9 Crash  (Read 12927 times)

Wasie

PHNL FS9 Crash
« on: September 29, 2012, 04:42:36 am »
Help - Not sure what's wrong, but I can not start a flight at PHNL.   I can fly to lit, but can not start a flight at the airport.  I've deleted FS9 and installed FSDT only and all airports work except PHNL and PHLI.  My system is Windows 7 64bit.  Not sure if that has anything to do with it.  Is there anything else I can do?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PHNL FS9 Crash
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 12:12:17 pm »
As already explained several times on the forum, you shouldn't post a new message reporting a problem which has been already discussed in another thread you also posted.

Your description of the problem is not very clear. What do you mean with "I can't start a flight" ? Do you have crash ? If yes, do you have an error message ? If yes, which one ? If not, when the crash is happening ? During the scenery loading progress bar, or after it has ended ?

Please, reply in one post only. Here will be better, since you apparently fixed your problem at KFLL.

Wasie

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 02:47:42 am »
If i've created frustration for you, please accept my apology.  However can you imagine how I feel?  I've never had this experience with any other addon before and consider myself to be savy enough to generally find a solution. 

As mentioned, I have installed a fresh version of FS9 with no other addon's except FSDT's KFLL, KLAS, KJFK, KDFW, PHNL PHLI, PHTO, PHKO and PHOG.  

What do you mean with "I can't start a flight"?
I can not originate/load a flight to start from PHNL or PHLI.  When I attempt to do so, FS9 crashes. 

Do you have crash?   Yes

If yes, do you have an error message?
It crashes during the scenery loading progress bar "Loading traffic...98%."  Once it's crashed, the message received is:

"Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working.   A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Now I can start a flight at PHNG - Kaneohe Bay w/out a problem and fly to PHNL.  I can see the entire scenary while flying above and can even land and taxi to the gate.  So the problem with that scenery seems to be in during the loading progress.

I tried the same with PHLI.  Unfortunately, the system crashed at 40miles from the airport.

My operating system is Windows 7, 64bit.  

I've read a lot of the previous posts and have downloaded a new version of bglman and have also added those files as an exception to my antivirus.  Short of that, I don't know what else to do.

If there are any other questions you need answered to help figure out why those to purchases are not working, please advise.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 03:14:37 am by Wasie »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 11:45:06 am »
I've never had this experience with any other addon before

You are not having a problem with this addon, see below.

It crashes during the scenery loading progress bar "Loading traffic...98%." 

I tried the same with PHLI.  Unfortunately, the system crashed at 40miles from the airport.

This concludes the issue, and clearly proves the problem doesn't have anything to do with any of our products. FS9 is clearly crashing while loading AI airplanes, since it already went PAST the "scenery loading" step.

AND, since you have a crash at 40 nm out, this safely excludes the scenery being the problem, since the scenery radius is only 10 NM, but 40 NM is a normal range for AI loading.

So, it's very likely the crash is caused by a problem with one of the AI, like a missing/corrupted texture. It might be happen only at those airports, because the AI used might appear only there, so you are mislead thinking it's a scenery problem, because the AI don't appear anywhere else because of the livery/schedule.

Wasie

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 04:36:42 am »
Thank you for the reply.   I'll go with your advise that it's an issue with the AI.  My last question is why is it occurring?  I've not added any new ai, prior to or after adding fsdt and prior to adding these scenaries was able to successfully fly in/out of all Hawaiian airports.  The pdf manual i received with my purchases were all for FSX and not for FS9, so i have nothing to reference if there are setting requirments that i'm exceeding for these scenaries.  I currently have all ai and display settings at a 100% or maximum levels.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 11:29:25 am »
My last question is why is it occurring?  I've not added any new ai, prior to or after adding fsdt and prior to adding these scenaries was able to successfully fly in/out of all Hawaiian airports

The AI schedule is NOT exactly the same when adding a new airport, because its AFCAD will usually have more parking positions available so, the addon airport will be able to generate more AIs which means, if the problematic one couldn't appear on the default scenery, you are misled thinking the addon airport installation change something, but in fact the only thing it did, was to expose an already existing problem with an AI, that was already there, you simply never get the chance to let that AI appear.

The pdf manual i received with my purchases were all for FSX and not for FS9, so i have nothing to reference if there are setting requirments that i'm exceeding for these scenaries.  I currently have all ai and display settings at a 100% or maximum levels.

There are no specific settings or requirements for the FS9 version, it's usually on FSX the users need more help with settings. On FS9, with a reasonably fast system, just put the settings for the maximum quality.

Something you might try, is to turn off AI entirely, and see if this fixes the crash.

Wasie

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 03:14:55 am »
1.  The AI schedule is NOT exactly the same when adding a new airport, because its AFCAD will usually have more parking positions available so, the addon airport will be able to generate more AIs which means, if the problematic one couldn't appear on the default scenery.

Now based on your feedback, if I removed some of the additional parking spaces on the afcads for the those 2 scenaries, in theory I should be able to push it back to 100%?  

2.  Something you might try, is to turn off AI entirely, and see if this fixes the crash

I did as suggested and was able to fly in/out of the airports using up to 25% AI.  Anything higher caused the system to crash.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 04:32:01 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 04:32:06 am »
Now based on your feedback, if I removed some of the additional parking spaces on the afcads for the those 2 scenaries, in theory I should be able to push it back to 100%?  

No, because you can't be sure it will the problematic AI that will be discarded.

I did as suggested and was able to fly in/out of the airports using up to 25% AI.  Anything higher caused the system to crash.

That clearly proves the problem was one of the AIs. I'm sorry, but there's no other option than either find which one it is, or keep flying at 25% density.

Wasie

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 12:08:16 am »
Just closing the loop.   In the end, the culprit was an AI file for Hickman Airforce Based C17's.  With the advise of Umberto, I started the search, but have so many AI's that is was feeling like an impossible task.   I posted the question of Flightsim and someone suggested a free tool (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb896645.aspx) that would find errors and advise once crashed.  It did.  Another suggested checking FSUIPC's log.   Well I had forgotten to add that module.  Once added I launched FS9 and received an immediate notice from FS9 to remove that file and restart.   Once I did, I was able to see FSDT's beautiful PHNL scenary.  Yeah.   Of course as my luck would have it, another issue occurred.  Now some of the default buildings have appeared and are cluttering the FSDT scenery.   Any suggestions on how I can get those removed?

P.S. I have no other scenaries currently installed other than FSDT and UTUSA.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 12:21:46 am by Wasie »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 12:29:00 am »
Of course as my luck would have it, another issue occurred.  Now some of the default buildings have appeared and are cluttering the FSDT scenery.   Any suggestions on how I can get those removed?.

I have no other scenaries currently installed other than FSDT and UTUSA.

You have a conflicting AFCAD from another product, most likely coming from an AI package, which is why you don't think you have other "sceneries" installed. On FS9, there's the free ScanAFD tool that search for AFCAD duplicates.

Wasie

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, 01:42:51 am »
Thanks.   I resinstalled it and that worked.   I'm set now.  Thank you so much for all your assistance.