Author Topic: Simple Afcad changes.  (Read 7982 times)

christiaan

Simple Afcad changes.
« on: November 04, 2012, 12:32:26 pm »
I want to change a small number of gate sizes or airline codes.

Have ADE which gives me a "personalised" Afcad name.

Will this cause a problem of getting default building back.

Should I make a back-up on FSDT PHNL original Afcad and give the altered ADE Afcad the same name.

Is this also the way to do it with all FSDT airports now.

Advice appreciated.

sticky1202

Re: Simple Afcad changes.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 02:29:33 pm »
First, definitly make a backup of the original file. For me, I give the new modified AFCAD file the same name as the original and have never had any problems. I do not think giving the new modified file a different name then the original would be a problem, but I can't say for sure.

Jim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 02:55:57 pm »
If you change the AFCAD file name, you'll lose GSX customization.

If you overwrite the one that comes with the scenery with a file with the same name, reinstalling the scenery, GSX or the Addon Manager or installing a GSX Major update, will restore the FSDT AFCAD AND WILL BACKUP your modified file.

This means, the correct procedure to edit our AFCADs is:

1) Base your modifications on the most current version of the AFACD that comes with the scenery. Reinstalling the scenery or GSX or the Stand-Alone Addon Manager will get you the most current AFCAD for all your installed sceneries. Once you are sure you have the most current version of the AFCAD, you can start modifying it.

2) Save the file with ADE using the same name as supplied from FSDT installer.

3) After you reinstall the scenery, GSX or the Addon Manager or install a GSX Major update, look for the backup of your file that was made by our installer (there will be a current date/time appended and a .BAK extension), remove the FSDT AFCAD and manually rename your backup to the normal AFCAD name. This will restore your changes.

christiaan

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 07:32:35 pm »
Thanks for the quick replies,

My present Afcad dates from 07-05-10 98.4kb.

Is this the most recent?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 09:10:52 pm »
My present Afcad dates from 07-05-10 98.4kb.

As I've said, the sure way to be 100% sure your AFCAD is the latest one, is to reinstall the scenery OR GSX OR the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, all these actions will result in the installer downloading the most current version of it (and making a backup of your file).