Author Topic: New Update Problems  (Read 6031 times)

CirrusTop

New Update Problems
« on: June 24, 2008, 08:58:42 pm »
Hi, When I saw the new update for Chicago to work with aes 1.96 I downloaded it right away. I installed it, opened up FS9,  loads for a few seconds, then 2 errors come up saying   General extraction error Location ES1, and  Flight Simulator was unable to load some aircraft or software,  on the bottom it said      File:bglman.dll   So i knew it was related to KORD.

Can anyone help me with this issue,  thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: New Update Problems
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 09:08:23 pm »
Just to be sure you didn't get a corrupted download, try this:

- Go into the FS9\modules folder, and delete these files:

bglman.dll
bglman.dat
bglman_fsdt.dat
bglman_skymakers.dat

- Open Internet Explorer, and delete the browser cache.

- Run the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer, it should re-download the files you just deleted. See if it works.

CirrusTop

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 09:17:02 pm »
Thanks for responding so fast, I did what you said but it still comes up with the two errors.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 10:34:17 pm »
Sorry, but I can't reproduce it. We already had more than a thousand downloads of the update and you are the only one reporting this error so far.

By googling with this error message, it appears it affects a *lot* of different application, and it might be caused also by something else in memory, perhaps even a virus/spyware or any other process who might interfere with in memory operation in general.

Are you using a regular FS9.EXE with CD checks, or a nocd FS9.EXE ? If you are using the nocd, you might want to try reinstalling after having restored the original FS9.EXE.

CirrusTop

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 12:07:14 am »
I am using a regular CD exe. the funny thing is though i just received a brand new computer yesterday, i downloaded the previous version of ORD and all was fine, but the update today just doesn't work, is there something to do with vista that maybe i didn't read about?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 12:12:16 am »

CirrusTop

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 12:45:09 am »
Alright ill try these for now, thanks for your help!

CirrusTop

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 07:32:09 pm »
Ok have tried to disable the UAC but it still doesn't work, for now i am going back to version 1.1 until their is a new update hopefully to version 1.2 :)