Author Topic: Taxi Way Change  (Read 5784 times)

808CruzControl

Taxi Way Change
« on: October 15, 2012, 05:22:57 am »
In the interisland terminal area (real life), the aircraft taxi out to the runway on the right side. In FSDT HNL, the aircraft taxi out to the runway on the left side and taxi in on the right. Is there anyway to change it so that the aircraft do the opposite to make it more realistic?

I used Aiport Design Editor 9x by the way.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 05:39:08 am by 808CruzControl »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Taxi Way Change
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 10:31:07 am »
You mean AI ?

808CruzControl

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 11:41:57 am »
Yep. I use ultimate traffic 2. Oh by the way, i managed to fix the gsx problem. The one that the couatl error kept appearing. Alls i had to do was run FSX with admin rights... Anyway yeah is there like a bgl file that can be edited to change the pathway on a taxi way or something?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 10:18:20 am by 808CruzControl »

simbio

• FSDreamTeam developer
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 04:45:54 pm »
Try this, test it, but don't expect too much reality, there are several aspect for traffic direction even the wind.
The AFCAD with the release, have the correct direction as you suggest, but in FSX is doing the opposite.
In this attach I change the direction, some aircraft do taxy in the right direction other they don't.
If you want to make changes, you can open AFX_PHNL file with ADEX or other AFCAD tools.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 05:58:23 pm by simbio »

808CruzControl

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 10:23:09 am »
Hi simbio. I tried your bgl. Didnt work. Although i edited the original bgl file and deleted the taxi pathways then replace them facing the opposite directions and that fixed. I tested it out and saw that the atc yellow arrow guides led to the right side and i also watched a couple ai Hawaiian 717 take the right side as well. If you want my bgl i can attach it. There might be some errors that i can fix after finding them in the future. Thanks for your guys' help!

simbio

• FSDreamTeam developer
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 05:34:29 pm »
The original Afcad was on right direction as i said, then I upload a new one on reversing the direction.
The only explanation is that there was some mistake in the original file, where the AI didn't taxy correctly.
Please upload it just to check.
Thank you

808CruzControl

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 05:37:59 am »
actually i went in and changed the directions to the correct way because they were opposite of what it Should be in real life. In this bgl file, i not only have the taxi entrance and exit at the interisland terminal changed but i also have some gate assignments changed as well so be aware.