Author Topic: Kona missing buildings and elevation problem: please help  (Read 3939 times)

psykie

Kona missing buildings and elevation problem: please help
« on: September 23, 2012, 12:29:46 am »
Hello

I just purchased Kona (Hawaii volume 2) to do flights from KSFO to Hawaii.  Great scenery FSDT.

QUESTION:  Is there an elevation issue with Kona?  On the east side of the airport (Land side- away from ocean) there is an ubrupt incline (only about 20 feet or so when comparing to the aircraft Im flying).  It doesnt' seem like it should be there.  I'm also missing the terminal buildings.  I think this is an afcad issue.  I have AFX and when I look up the afcad in AFX I have three AFCADS.   The one on the top is AFX_PHKO.BGL the second is stock APX06240.bgl and the 3rd is FSDT_PHKO_ALT.bgl.  Should I manipulate or delete one of these?   I have a feeling this issue can be resolved fairly easily.  Thanks for your help in this matter.

Matthew
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 06:29:37 am by psykie »
Matthew
i7-4770K3.5Ghz OC 4.5Ghz on a Z87-Pro ASUS MOBO, with a 240GB SSD for FSX only, 16gb/2400 Vengence DDR-3, Nividia GeForce GTX 780, on Win 7, 64 bit operating system.

psykie

Re: Kona missing buildings and elevation problem: please help
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 07:17:13 am »
OK

I think I got it.  I had an older stand alone add-on manager and it appears to be working.  I put my srial key in and activated it but than the buildings dissapeared again.  I shut FSX down and started it up again and viola the building and everything seems to be in place. 

Matthew
Matthew
i7-4770K3.5Ghz OC 4.5Ghz on a Z87-Pro ASUS MOBO, with a 240GB SSD for FSX only, 16gb/2400 Vengence DDR-3, Nividia GeForce GTX 780, on Win 7, 64 bit operating system.