Author Topic: How to remove the B-52's from Hickam Field  (Read 5710 times)

jrwentz

How to remove the B-52's from Hickam Field
« on: October 09, 2012, 06:02:54 am »
Love your Honolulu scenery.  The C-17's are crowded by the static B-52's at Hickam Field.  Do you have any ideas what can cause this?

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: How to remove the B-52's from Hickam Field
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 09:15:32 pm »
 Do you possibly have any old afcads still in your FS?  There aren't any B-52s at my HNL.

jrwentz

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 02:34:51 am »
Bingo!  Found the culprit afcad.  All is well.

Thanks

silverfox441

• YVR
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 05:09:49 pm »
Hi there! could you possibly tell me where you found it cuz i have the same problem; an b-52 just sittin' there.

Tx, Alan.
Intel i5 2500K 4.2 Ghz
NVidia GTX560 TI
8 Gb DDR3 RAM
Windows 7 ultimate 64

silverfox441

• YVR
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 02:10:22 am »
Ok, found it. It's called "PHNL_OBJ.BGL" and it sits in "Scenery, global, scenery". i don't know where it's coming from.
Unfortunatly, still no ai traffic. But at least, those B-52 are gone, gone, gone...
Intel i5 2500K 4.2 Ghz
NVidia GTX560 TI
8 Gb DDR3 RAM
Windows 7 ultimate 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 10:57:29 am »
Ok, found it. It's called "PHNL_OBJ.BGL" and it sits in "Scenery, global, scenery". i don't know where it's coming from.

Something you downloaded, that you forgot about it.

Unfortunatly, still no ai traffic. But at least, those B-52 are gone, gone, gone...

The AI traffic problem is most likely something else (the thing you downloaded might have other files in other folders), but since this thread is about the B52s, it should be considered solved.

About AI, check if you have a double traffic.bgl file in the scenery\world\scenery. Please, do not reply in this thread, which is about the B52s. If that doesn't fix it, I've outlined two different support option for you in the other thread about AI.

data63

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 10:48:14 pm »
I remember having read something about "MAIW traffic"

that is designed for FS9 and sometimes they add some bgl's for "virtual waypoints" to create realistic traffic.
although it is knwos that fs9 traffic files an dfsx traffic files do not "coexist" that well

maybe that helps

I'd love to use all that MAIW packages - but they're not really easy to be adapted for FSX - for my use I convert the BGL's to FSX format if they donÄt contain those custom waypoints - works for me

Happy landings

Juergen