Author Topic: SceneryIndexes regenerate and gsx not work  (Read 5130 times)

Davidedem

SceneryIndexes regenerate and gsx not work
« on: October 06, 2012, 09:29:48 pm »
hi guys, today i had reinstall fsx and also gsx but i have the problem of runtime error, and when i start the flight a window say me: gsx could not find valid afcad  data at this position services are not aviable.
The administrator some days ago say me: Try to force an FSX scenery cache rebuild, by removing the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes file [...] Some days ago i try this solution and gsx work!! but now i remove SceneryIndexes folder, i start fsx and i have the runtime error problem. If i go to:C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX i can see who the SceneryIndexes is regenerate!! can some people help me please?
thanks Davide :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: SceneryIndexes regenerate and gsx not work
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 12:36:53 am »
If i go to:C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX i can see who the SceneryIndexes is regenerate!!

I really don't understand you here.

However, it's possible the real source of the problem is that you have a permission problem in that folder, so GSX can't access it and crashes it. Try to run FSX ad Administrator, AFTER you remove the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes FOLDER (not file!).

Davidedem

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 04:44:49 pm »
I try the solution but i have the runtime error, i think gsx doesn t work because the scenary indexes  folder is regenerated. i had  removed it but the folder is regenerated!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 05:12:16 pm »
i had  removed it but the folder is regenerated!

That's obvious: the whole point of removing the folder is that you can then have it regenerated at the next FSX start.

As I've said in my previous message, try to run FSX ad Administrator

Davidedem

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 05:49:19 pm »
ok sir now gsx work, thank you very muchhhhh!