Author Topic: LSGG & PMDG 738NGx  (Read 5120 times)

skymatix

LSGG & PMDG 738NGx
« on: October 02, 2012, 08:33:55 am »
Gentlemen,

I am only getting 7 to 15 fps withe combination of these products. When I use the default MS-738 I get 30+.

Has anyone been able to get more fps from the PMDG 738 / LSGG combo?
Any suggestions to increase mine will be appreciated.

My PC Specs:
Intel i7 3770K OC to 4.2GHz
16GB RAM
NVidia GTX 670 OC Power Edition on the VGA
2TB Seagate HDD &
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

simbio

• FSDreamTeam developer
Re: LSGG & PMDG 738NGx
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 11:06:58 am »
Did you install all Service pack for FSX and delete the fsx.cfg, this rebuild it and it's a an important step before install any other add-on.
Try to follow some guide on how to install Fsx step by step.
Another advice is to buy an SSD which will boost your fsx in terms of performance but is not related to your Fps.
Have you install all service pack from PMDG.
Maybe you have bad AI aircraft or some 3th party landcalss or other oddity that slow down all performance.
Geneva is really a small airport and the majority got a lot more then 15 Fps with all AI included.
This hobby need some extensive tweaking before enjoy and get airborne.
In any case your machine can do a lot more,  even without overclock.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 11:19:42 am »
I am only getting 7 to 15 fps withe combination of these products. When I use the default MS-738 I get 30+.

This means you get 30+ fps at FSDT LSGG with a default airplane ? If yes, that safely exclude the scenery being the problem.

skymatix

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 04:45:23 pm »
Thank you for the replies Gentlemen

Simbio,

My FSX and PMDG add-ons are completly patched.

I have done a bit of tweaking in my FSX after looking at many suggestions and I have kept the tweaks that work for me.

After reading your post, I uninstalled Ultimate Traffice 2 and will first do some testing before installing it again. I will just fly "online" for a while to get traffic here.
I changed my cloud coverage density = high (moved it one notch left) and gained 7 to 12 fps right there! The weather / clouds make the difference between 7 and 12fps

It looks like I might have expected a bit too much from this comuter but I also feel my PC should be able to do a lot more and that is why I am here talking with you  :)
I can at least work/fly with 22 fps

Virtuali,

It was my first thought as well. I never suspected it to have a problem either.

I just needed to reach out and talk to you guys because I really thought that my new computer should be able to get much better frame rates.

Anyway, thank you both again for responding and please post a few suggestions on tweaking the fsx.cfg if you don't mind.
I would love to see what make your systems perform well.

simbio

• FSDreamTeam developer
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 02:22:35 pm »