Author Topic: Install problem!!!!!  (Read 5899 times)

sleddriver

Install problem!!!!!
« on: June 23, 2008, 06:40:24 am »
Hi, guys.  I downloaded and purchased both O'Hare and Zurich a couple of months ago.  I downloaded the new versions, and tried to install them.  Both extract the files OK, but when it starts to download the files it says "Sorry, the files could not be downloaded."  I've never had this problem before.  Any clues as to how to fix it?  Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Install problem!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 11:27:56 am »
As clearly explained in the release note of the new updates, the installer will download some files from the internet, so the'll always be the right and latest version.

So, you need to have an internet connection working when launching the installer. If you have a firewall, it might be this is blocking the connection, so you need to grant internet acccess to the setup executables.

sleddriver

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 08:45:22 am »
I have a permanant internet connection.  So.....that is not the problem.  I also now have the same problem with the Zurich installation.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 11:16:48 am »
I have a permanant internet connection.  So.....that is not the problem.

As I've said, you probably need to turn off your firewall, or configure it to grant online access to the setup executables. A firewall might be a software that you manually install, or the default one that comes with Windows, but it might also be included in your router.