Author Topic: VIP cars and limousines  (Read 7159 times)

ericdfs

VIP cars and limousines
« on: September 25, 2012, 01:47:27 pm »
Hello team !

I was wondering if you could add VIP cars or limousines cars instead of the bus? In any case, to have a choice if we make BBJ flights or private jet flights.

Thank you for your answer!

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: VIP cars and limousines
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 02:35:10 pm »
Smaller aircraft already get a minivan, really need a limo?
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

ericdfs

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 02:38:21 pm »
Smaller aircraft already get a minivan, really need a limo?

This is a full time occupation always be so negative?

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 05:54:16 pm »
Yes, it's a full time occupation, and I'm well paid for it.   ;D
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

ericdfs

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 10:39:57 pm »
Does anyone on the team can give me a straight answer?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 10:57:37 pm »
Does anyone on the team can give me a straight answer?

GSX already supports different kind of buses depending on airplane size, down to a very small 6-seat model so, it can accomodate most of the usual cases. No, we don't have a limousine right now, but it's surely something that might be added, even if it's not really an high priority right now, considering we already have several variations of bus sizes, while GSX is still missing entirely new services (like de-icing, water, cleaning, etc.).

As explained many times already on the forum, these will come before anything else, then we'll probably have another update to the scenery editor, then we'll likely add support for loading baggage from the left side of the airplane and THEN, we might start digging into such smaller nice-to-have-not-indispensable features.

I'd say that limousine would make more sense when we'll eventually have visible passengers, which is the top-most requested feature, we know that, but it's also the most complex which will require going into research mode again.

ericdfs

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 11:03:17 am »
Thank you for this answer, this has the merit of being clear! In any case, thank you for this beautiful work already done. Good luck for the future! I look forward to future updates.

skimmer

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 04:31:52 am »
ericdfs, great input about limousine. New ideas have a lot to do with what Fsdt has now. So keep them comming. No matter what :) :)

Aviationsim4862

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 05:27:49 am »
I would really like this! I fly corporate jets all the time on flightsim, and it would be nice to land at an FBO with a lineman marshalling me in, and limo's waiting. Great idea ericdfs!

Wildbird

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 03:28:34 pm »
I'm not very familiar with this, but perhaps as an interim solution you could please let us call on some of the default (or acceleration) vehicles instead of the bus? The sim already has vehicles that maybe could be used for this. Limo for the corporate pilots, ambulance for the EMS pilots, etc. More as a placeholder without too much effort, until you have finished making animated people (which sounds like it is far off in the future).