Author Topic: FSDT & Flightbeam FS9 kiss off sale?  (Read 6868 times)

Steve0616

FSDT & Flightbeam FS9 kiss off sale?
« on: September 23, 2012, 01:50:44 am »
Since FSDT and Flightbeam have determined the FS9 market is no longer viable for future projects (and I have no problem with that), how about getting with Mir and possibly throwing an end of version blowout sale? Maybe many FS9 simmers are like me who didn't get these two sceneries  because our Cld9 KLAX and FT KSFO versions are still nice sceneries...might spring for a promo, though. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT & Flightbeam FS9 kiss off sale?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 06:50:07 am »
There's no such thing as an "FS9 version" of our products, the license is valid for both FS9 and FSX, which means you can purchase now and install into FS9, and then simply download the FSX version and install it into FSX without having to purchase it again.

This means, there's are reasons to do an "FS9 end-of-life" sale, because we never had FS9-only products, not as FSDT at least. We might do it for Cloud9 products, since most of them are FS9-only but, it's a decision that Cloud9 owners need to agree on first.

isl01

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 09:59:23 pm »
We might do it for Cloud9 products, since most of them are FS9-only but, it's a decision that Cloud9 owners need to agree on first.

Don't get me wrong on this... but why should them agree if someone that doesn't have the scenery gets a disscount? I can barely see something like that in, let's say a car dealer (imagine that "oh since our old VW 2001 customers don't wan´t us to give it with a disscount we'll be selling it at top 2012 model price). Sorry for the example but it was the only one that came to me. A deal is a deal, if i buy today, let's say your Chicago scenery, i can't get mad (or get a refund) if you put it on disscount tomorrow...

I Insist don't get me wrong, but it doesn't make sense

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 10:28:59 pm »
but why should them agree if someone that doesn't have the scenery gets a discount?

They obviously have to: we can't simply price their sceneries whatever we please without asking first, it would even wrong to start a sale of FSDT products without everyone on the team agreeing to it, so it's even more true for Cloud9. At least, this is how I believe is the correct way to handle a business.

Not that this has been a problem: we always made sales but, as I've said many times already, they can't obviously be announced in *advance*, nobody does that.

isl01

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 04:57:05 am »
 ::) Now I got that! I missunderstood "owners" with "customers" (english is not my native language)... My bad, and you're right on what you said.