Author Topic: No buildings at LSZH and LSGG  (Read 16088 times)

romair

No buildings at LSZH and LSGG
« on: September 22, 2012, 05:40:07 am »
Dear Sir

After having some problems with Acronis and changing to the 2013 version I got some problems with my FSX remaining
missing buildings at FSDT scneries LSZH and LSSG

I tried to re-install several times and I also made a fresh download from your server including the last Addon Manager version 2.9.0.4
I also checked the windows registry where both key are correct.
Addon Manager both sceneries having the message "Product installed and Active".
The folder couatl seems to be complet.

I observed several forum topics about the same problem but I can not observe that anything can be wrong on my installtion.

Dear support what problem will cause missing terminals and building ?

with kind regards Roger

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No buildings at LSZH and LSGG
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 10:11:43 am »
As discussed in many other threads, do you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" menus visible under the FSX "Addons" menu ? If you don't have both, the scenery will not show.

Most common cause for missing one or both menus is the antivirus:

- DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL with the antivirus entirely OFF

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

romair

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 01:30:51 pm »
Dear Umberto

Thanks for your fast advise. Since many hour (almost 11/2 days) I try solve this problem. I already took notice and attention from all available postings regarding this problem.
I also found your advise recently and I switched off  my Kaspersky scanner but there is nothing changed. Download works well and Addon Mnager is installed properly.

1. I made several re-installation with downloaded and stored LSGG and LSZH files.
2. I checked the registry and both keys LSGG and LSZH are there in the registry and they absolutely correct
3. I always checked the folder fsdreamteam and had a look to the couatl folder which was never missing and  there I always have 5 folders and 15 files in.
4. The file bglmanx.dll is in FSX main root and coautl.exe is in FSX couatl folder
5. Addon Manager is working well and both sceneries are in the active mode visible on the Addon Manager window.

In all installation parameters  I can find wrong or missing files as you mentioned but anyway I am not able to install the tw airports with the terminals.

The must something other which seems to be wrong.

I need your further help pls.  with regards Roger a very long time FSDT customer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 08:10:14 pm »
Please, try to follow my advice more carefully, you looked for files/folders missing, as if the installer "forgot" to install them, or check the registry, when I haven't said to do anything with it.

But you haven't answered my question, so I'll repeat it again:

Do you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" menus visible under the FSX "Addons" menu ? If you don't have both, the scenery will not show. I haven't asked if you found the bglmanx.dll in the fsx root or the couatl.exe in the fsdreamteam folder. I've asked if you see their MENUS under the FSX "Addons" menu, when FSX is running.

And, I haven't said to simply switch off the antivirus. Some antivirus continue to block files even when turned off. I explicitly said to, ON TOP of turning it off when DOWNLOADING and INSTALLING, to configure it to exclude the two modules from scanning, BEFORE launching FSX for the first time after the installation.

Please, follow my above procedure TO THE LETTER. Don't skip ANY step.

You should being asked permission to run BOTH modules, the first time you launch FSX after installing the scenery. You must reply YES to BOTH questions of BOTH modules. If you don't see the question, then the antivirus is still blocking OR, you haven't followed the previous procedure to the letter, especially this step:

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

Because this will reset the Trust question made by FSX, allowing you Re-Trust the modules again, even if you made the mistake of not trusting the first time.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 08:21:15 pm by virtuali »

romair

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 10:17:40 am »
Good morning Umberto

After following precisely your advise I also included several other trials but still no Terminals on LSGG and LSZH

What I have done:

1. I advised Kaspersky AV to exclude couatl.exe and bglmanx.dll , I un-installed the LSGG and LSZH, made a new download from your server and re-installed.
during FSX start up I was asked to add both modules and of course as usual and replyed with yes bot after loading Addon Manager tab is visible, Couatl is missing.

2. I un-installed Kaspersky completely having absolutely no AV on machine and made all trials again. Un-install FSDT sceneries, un-install Addon Manager, clean machine with ccleaner,  
re-download LSGG, LSZH and AddonManager and apply install again and again during FSX startup I had been asked to add/permission the 2 modules and of course I replayed with yes.

3. I also removed the Star downloader from my machine and the download were made just as usual. I was also was asked to add the  2 modules during FSX startup. But still no Terminals visible.

After trying so many ways I never found the couatl menue at the FSX Addon Manager tab.
the 2 module bindings during FSX start works almost correct after a re-install of the sceneries.

No other scenery such as ZuerichX Live oder AS Mega Airport Zürich and also no other Airports from other sceneries have this kind of trouble.

I think there is only a possible way asking you to take time to come to my machine for your support.
Do you have Skype and Teamviewer for Online Support available?

Thanks for support and have a nice Sunday  Roger

« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 10:22:48 am by romair »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 03:51:05 pm »
install again and again during FSX startup I had been asked to add/permission the 2 modules and of course I replayed with yes.

After trying so many ways I never found the couatl menue at the FSX Addon Manager tab.

That's the only information I needed.

We need to activate an FSX diagnostic mode, to see if it's not really starting.

Open Notepad, and copy the following text:

[SimConnect]
level=errors
console=1
RedirectStdOutToConsole=1
OutputDebugString=1
; file=c:\simconnect%03u.log
; file_next_index=0
; file_max_index=9

Save the file as SIMCONNECT.INI in this folder:

C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\Microsoft Flight Simulator X Files

At the next FSX launch, you should see a text window with diagnostic message, only the first 10 lines or so are important, that should tell you what's going wrong. Let me know what you are getting, so we can have an idea what's happening.

romair

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 06:09:36 pm »
Hello Umberto
Thanks for your help.

Evertime when I start up FSX there is a black text window visible for very short time less than 1 sec. therefore not readable.
I have this since I have my new machine.

On the   Documents\Microsoft Flight Simulator X Files is already a SimConnect.ini file having already following content:

[SimConnect]
level=off
console=0
;OutputDebugString=0
;file=c:\SimConnect%03u.log
;file_next_index=1
;RedirectStdOutToConsole=0

I added and safed your advise

level=errors
console=1
OutputDebugString=1
; file_next_index=0
; file_max_index=9

but no difference, the black text window disappears very fast during start up.

I also made a trial, only to put your text inside:

level=errors
console=1
OutputDebugString=1
; file_next_index=0
; file_max_index=9

into SimConnect.ini but nothing is changend.

During start up still the black text window for fast time and not able to read the content.

Hope for your futher advise.

with kind regards Roger

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 07:09:24 pm »
During start up still the black text window for fast time and not able to read the content.

Use the "Pause" key to stop the scrolling. Read the first 10-12 lines, they are the only ones that matters.

romair

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 04:01:18 am »
 Hello Umberto

FSX startup can not be paused using P keyboard.

I tried to use P on key board  on several different ways such pushing P before the black windows appears  than I tried with hold down P before
and also I tried both way immediately when black window comes on.

The black window comes on very fast and no chance to push down the P key during this action.

need futher help

with regards Roger

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2012, 10:15:22 am »
FSX startup can not be paused using P keyboard.

Please, re-read my previous message more carefully. I haven't said anything about using the P key. I've said to use the "Pause" key on the keyboard.

The P key is only used by FSX to pause the simulator, it has no meaning outside FSX. You are trying to pause the scrolling of another window (not the FSX one), not the simulation flow in FSX.

With any version of Windows, you can pause the scrolling of a text-based window, using the "Pause" key on the keyboard. The KEY named "Pause".

romair

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2012, 11:23:54 am »
Hello Umberto

Sorry not to following your instruction. Now I did it using not P using break key.

The black window became openduring fsx start up but there is noting inside.

The window title of the empty black windowe is :

E:\Programme\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FlyLogic\SeasonFileSwitcherV2\SeasonFileSwitcherV2.exe

This small programm belongs one of a Switzerland scenerie.

I tryed to un-install for further trials but software have no un-install function and can not be deleted.
when triy to delete or to copy out of FSX the is a message can not be deleted its open in a other software but FSX is not running.

waiting for you response regards Roger

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2012, 11:42:56 am »
The window title of the empty black windowe is :

E:\Programme\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FlyLogic\SeasonFileSwitcherV2\SeasonFileSwitcherV2.exe

This is the wrong window. AFTER you did what I've explained above with the simconnect.ini file, you should see a NEW text window you never saw before, named "Simconnect diagnostic".

If you don't have that window, either:

1) You haven't followed my instructions about creating the simconnect.ini file in your documents folder exactly

OR

2) Your FSX installation is broken so, Simconnect is not working so it can't even diagnose itself. In this case, an FSX REPAIR might fix the issue.

Before repairing your FSX install, be sure of the item 1)

romair

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2012, 12:10:58 pm »
My SimConnect.ini file is as I already confirmed to exist in the documents\Flight Simulator X Files
After you advised in earlier post

This is an German FSX version therefore the folder is called Eigene Dokumente\Flight Simulator X Files  and this is the structure  made by the FSX installation.

Coming up to what I also did on my own risk. Don' forget I also erlay morning after 3 0'clock to try to find out the problem.

I also made an FSX repair with the GFold edition CD and as a result the FSX crashed again again during start.

Then I made a repair with the Acceleration CD and surprising the FSX runs again as bevor having  only the problems installing FSDT.

My current SimConnect.ini have the following content:

[SimConnect]
level=off
console=0
;OutputDebugString=0
;file=c:\SimConnect%03u.log
;file_next_index=1
;RedirectStdOutToConsole=0

level=errors
console=1
OutputDebugString=1
; file_next_index=0
; file_max_index=9

The first part was existing and second I added yesterday on your advise.

Why you are not supporting directly on machine having Skype and TeamViewer available ????

Hope for your further help

romair

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2012, 01:12:05 pm »
In addition to post 7

the couatl engine is still not visible in the dll.xml

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2012, 01:41:54 pm »
The first part was existing and second I added yesterday on your advise.

I never said anything about "adding" to an existing simconnect.ini you must have ONLY what I've listed:

[SimConnect]
level=errors
console=1
OutputDebugString=1
; file_next_index=0
; file_max_index=9

And nothing else.

the couatl engine is still not visible in the dll.xml

That's the first time you said this. Previously, you only said it was missing under the "Addons" menu, now you said it's missing from the dll.xm. It's not wonder is not starting.

Since our installer puts it automatically in the dll.xml, and that obviously works, the only possible explanation for the couatl line missing from the dll.xml, is that another addon has corrupted it, so the installer couldn't work on a corrupted file. However, our installer should have given you a clear warning message about this.

Another possible reason, you are running FSX into "Compatibility" mode which, as explained in many other threads, should never be used with FSX because, one of the side effect of this, is that is moving the location of some folders so, the DLL.XML is not where it's supposed to be so, you are not looking at the actual file used.

Be sure you have everything turned off in the FSX.EXE Properties->Compatibility page.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 01:43:26 pm by virtuali »