Author Topic: Baggage Colors?  (Read 7746 times)

TuiflyX3

Baggage Colors?
« on: September 15, 2012, 11:36:05 am »
Is there a chance to get more Colors then Blue and Red? would be nice to see some more differations on the bagge :)

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Baggage Colors?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 02:33:44 pm »
Other things are more important, like deicing vehicles... adding new luggage colors isn't as simple as just adding textures.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Richard McDonald Woods

• FlightDiary
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 04:19:16 pm »
Surely this is no reason to prevent a perfectly logical requirement from being added to the queue. If it is not implemented, then it still has been a requirement.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 05:22:53 pm »
Adding a new color involves changing the animation so the luggage carts arrive with that new color luggage on board.  For you to think it is a requirement is pretty selfish of you, Umberto wasn't required to create and release GSX, it was his choice.  What he adds to it should also be his choice.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Eisbahn

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 09:56:18 am »
This has already been discussed in the past:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=6973.0

skimmer

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 06:02:06 am »
 :-X :-X :-X

SlapTjip

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 06:50:18 am »
Adding a new color involves changing the animation so the luggage carts arrive with that new color luggage on board.  For you to think it is a requirement is pretty selfish of you, Umberto wasn't required to create and release GSX, it was his choice.  What he adds to it should also be his choice.

This is not a freeware product.

This customer paid for the product and has the right to ask the question regardless.

The creator of the product must answer the question regardless.

Now of course the creator of the product may or may not now or later offer a variant if they choose to do so @ no obligation and the buyer should understand that.

Now to get back to your comment.

You comment is cheeky, I do not know if you are part of the development team & if you are, future buyers who wish to purchase this product should be cautious because a good buy does not stop at the purchase and receiving of a product, but also in the FRIENDLY & efficient service that comes with said product.

Your customer care if you are part of the development team then leaves a lot to be desired.

If you are just a regular poster then the developers should do the right thing and censor your post.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 09:35:34 am »
The creator of the product must answer the question regardless.

And since this has been already discussed and replied to in another thread, I hope you don't expect we keep replying to it in every new thread which was made, when a forum search would already gave the answer.

If you are just a regular poster then the developers should do the right thing and censor your post.

I'd say that, using the same reasoning, it's not up to a regular forum poster to decide what should be censored either.

And no, I don't think this should be a "requirement" for GSX. It might be nice to have, but only after we finish more pressing features. We'll have to revisit the baggage loader anyway soon, to support cargo loading from the left which IS an important feature so, while we are at it, we might add color variations to the bags.

SlapTjip

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 10:55:39 am »
And since this has been already discussed and replied to in another thread, I hope you don't expect we keep replying to it in every new thread which was made, when a forum search would already gave the answer

It is common courtesy to respond to every query (which is happening & very nice), request or suggestion which comes up. If a previous post exist discussing the matter it would only be humble and decent to kindly refer to said post.

The initial reply was cheeky, aggresive
Umberto wasn't required to create and release GSX, it was his choice
and comes accross as it was done without intent to help in a humble and/or kind manner. The poster could have then just refered the OP to the thread.

I'd say that, using the same reasoning, it's not up to a regular forum poster to decide what should be censored either.

It is your product, your forum & you choose to create the impression that short downright aggresive replies are accepted. Atleast that is how I as a customer see it. You also choose to care or not care about how I see it. Not important then.

And no, I don't think this should be a "requirement" for GSX.

Indeed that I agree with you.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 11:01:23 am by SlapTjip »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 11:07:29 am »
It is common courtesy to respond to every query (which is happening & very nice), request or suggestion which comes up.

And if you followed our forum for a while, you would have known that we ALWAYS reply to all threads, even the duplicate ones were the common curtesy of using the "Search" function first, which saves us a lot of effort in duplicate replies, wasn't used.

It is your product, your forum & you choose to create the impression that short downright aggresive replies are accepted.

One has always to keep a balance between what might be seen by some as an aggressive reply, and by others as a limitation of speech. It's not so easy to decide which one is more needed. I'd say that every forum user should be responsible for what he's posting, and Bruce comment might have been a bit too straight, but it didn't go into a personal offense zone, which would have grant immediate censoring for sure.

If a previous post exist discussing the matter it would only be humble and decent to kindly refer to said post.

Which is why, since Eisbahn already did this, there wasn't any need to add anything.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 11:11:36 am by virtuali »

Andrew737

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 10:50:27 pm »
It is your product, your forum & you choose to create the impression that short downright aggresive replies are accepted. Atleast that is how I as a customer see it. You also choose to care or not care about how I see it. Not important then.

You Just need to get used to the forum - Welcome :)

Regards

Andrew

P.S. you need a thicker skin 95% of people here are cool!
Regards Andrew