FSDreamTeam forum
November 28, 2020, 08:57:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Work in Progress / 04  (Read 35577 times)
waleed

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2012, 03:35:33 PM »

..we'll have several time bands along the day, which will be chosen to represent significant changes in the day lighting so, it's more like an expansion of the FSX concept of day/dusk/night transition, here we'll have the "day" part divided in several transitions. We believe this is a good compromise compared to a true realtime shadows engine, which would surely have a great impact on fps.

So I guess my earlier thought of sitting and watching the shadows move won't work, huh...  Wink

Five or six beers may help you there Bruce Cheesy

Bruce Hamilton
Beta tester

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2012, 04:08:31 PM »

LOL!   Cheesy

Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock
nevetrek

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2012, 01:34:01 PM »

Finally ... it is not necessary wait december for see the first pictures ... very very great real ! good job !
cashaber

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2012, 07:33:45 PM »

Sweet!!!    will you guys implemenet the same building texture tequnice in your other FSDT builds as well?
virtuali
Administrator

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2012, 10:52:41 PM »

Sweet!!!    will you guys implemenet the same building texture tequnice in your other FSDT builds as well?

Surely the next ones after CYVR, which includes some planned reworking of previous sceneries, like JFK.

Kappa

FSDreamTeam developer

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2012, 12:07:10 AM »

* 01.jpg (345.09 KB, 1331x775 - viewed 995 times.)

* 02.jpg (362.43 KB, 1331x775 - viewed 972 times.)

* 03.jpg (355.84 KB, 1331x775 - viewed 997 times.)

* 04.jpg (345.9 KB, 1331x775 - viewed 986 times.)
juniormafia27

Better You Than Me

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2012, 12:10:08 AM »

Looks great!!!  Cheesy

ASUS Maximus Extreme-Z
 Windows 7 64Bit
 Intel Sandy Bridge 2600K 4.6Ghz
 16GB Corsiar 2000mhz DDR3 Dominator Ram
 Cosiar 750 Watt
 Corsair H100-Water Cooler
 EVGA 460 GTS
ASUS 27 inch LED Monitor

FS9 & FSX
Silverbird

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2012, 12:22:03 AM »

Hi Kappa always love when you bring out that famous cessna the scenery is looking great.  Grin

Surely the next ones after CYVR, which includes some planned reworking of previous sceneries, like JFK.

Hello Umberto that would look amazing in the JFK update and the next scenery's.  Smiley
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 12:24:20 AM by Silverbird » Logged

Cesar

New Jersey EWR
skimmer

« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2012, 02:16:32 AM »

Thanks for those great shots kappa. I will be one of the first to buy. Fer suure Wink
kevinfirth

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2012, 08:18:33 AM »

I've never really considered flying on the other side of the pond really but this might just tempt me to start!!

Is it something that could either be licenced to other scenery developers or sold as a standalone addon so we can enjoy shadow movements in other sceneries, or is it just several completely separate ground and model texture sets that change depending on the time of day? Would really be cool if it was dynamic to the point of getting different shadow lengths in different seasons :p

Cheers
K
virtuali
Administrator

« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2012, 10:59:29 AM »

Is it something that could either be licenced to other scenery developers

Sure, they'll have to license the Couatl engine, but also willing to do additional work in the textures too.

or sold as a standalone addon so we can enjoy shadow movements in other sceneries

Nope, it has to be made at design time.

Would really be cool if it was dynamic to the point of getting different shadow lengths in different seasons

Of *course* they do, we calculate the sun position depending on time of the day AND date of the year for the lat/lon coordinates at CYVR!

kevinfirth

« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2012, 01:52:15 PM »

Is it something that could either be licenced to other scenery developers

Sure, they'll have to license the Couatl engine, but also willing to do additional work in the textures too.

That's awesome, I hope you can find a price point for licencing that won't put off other developers using the technology. Perhaps a simple $ per unit scenery sale would make a good arrangement, that way the licensee can just add a $ and know their own revenue would be protected without having to outlay a large sum up front and not know whether they would recoup the costs.  Personally I'd be happy to pay a bit extra for enhanced products and even a $ per unit scenery sale could soon mount up to a hefty income for yourselves!!
Cheers
K
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 01:54:13 PM by kevinfirth » Logged
virtuali
Administrator

« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2012, 03:06:13 PM »

That's awesome, I hope you can find a price point for licencing that won't put off other developers using the technology.

We already licensed our system to other developers, like Qualitywings and Flightbeam, and dynamic shadows would just be an additional feature that won't cost anything extra that what they already pay to use the Addon Manager/Couatl modules, using it or not would be up to them.

But I guess this will be decided after CYVR will be released: if users would start demanding similar features from other sceneries too, they might push developers to work with us.

Bruce Hamilton
Beta tester

« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2012, 03:25:56 PM »

We already licensed our system to other developers, like Qualitywings and Flightbeam, and dynamic shadows would just be an additional feature that won't cost anything extra that what they already pay to use the Addon Manager/Couatl modules, using it or not would be up to them.

That's interesting, Mir was asked if he could use the dynamic shadows in his upcoming IAD, and his reply was that it was done with the Couatl engine, which he said was proprietary.  Gave the impression that he only licensed the addon manager, and not Couatl.

Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock
Silverbird

« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2012, 04:12:20 PM »

That's interesting, Mir was asked if he could use the dynamic shadows in his upcoming IAD, and his reply was that it was done with the Couatl engine, which he said was proprietary.  Gave the impression that he only licensed the addon manager, and not Couatl.

I'm assuming Mir and Umberto probably haven't really discussed yet in detail,  since its new.

Cesar

New Jersey EWR
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: