Author Topic: Crew Salute  (Read 8360 times)

bobbyjoh

Crew Salute
« on: September 10, 2012, 06:58:43 pm »
Many airlines ground crews stand on the pilot side of the aircraft and give a hand salute when cleared to taxi.  Is it possible to have the wing walker salute the aircraft prior to walking to the tow vehicle? In real life it is very cool to see this. 8)

Bob Johnson

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Crew Salute
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 10:46:19 pm »
Everything's possible, of course.

But we'd rather concentrate on adding new features first (like de-icers, water vehicles, an editor for docking systems, etc.) , then the "cool things to see".

TuiflyX3

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 09:57:19 pm »
how many nights before we get some of those new features  :) :) :)

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 02:43:21 pm »
Probably many.   ;D
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

TuiflyX3

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 06:17:12 pm »
yeah would be cool if the normal things would work without problems one day :P

Eisbahn

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 08:11:37 pm »
yeah would be cool if the normal things would work without problems one day :P

What is not working correctly for you?
Obviously there is something wrong with your setup if something "normal" is not working.
For me everything is terrific. Sometimes it pays to read the manual.

TuiflyX3

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 10:39:25 pm »
well, the vehicels always "crash" into each other on the taxiways, the movement of the baggage cars is bugged, the movement of the bus as well, the follow me sometimes just drives around the airport not on the taxiway atc has given me, the pushback drives through the "wingwalker" or marshall..thats a few problems for example, u happy now? not saying that i dont love this product, but there are still many problems..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 09:29:10 am »
well, the vehicels always "crash" into each other on the taxiways

They don't. Unless you confused with FSX default ground vehicles or FSX AIs. As explained many times already, GSX vehicles don't have the slightest notion of non-GSX surrounding traffic, because it would become both to complex, slow and it would create lots of traffic deadlocks.

If you saw two GSX vehicles crashing into each other, than clearly indicates a reproduction case which, as explained many times already should ALWAYS include ALL the following informations:

- The airplane used, clearly indicate which airplane is, if it's not default.

- The airport used, clearly indicate which airport is, if it's not a default one.

- The gate used.

- The GSX operation selected and possibly the order of the operations selected if multiple operations were selected.

the movement of the baggage cars is bugged

It's surely isn't. If you saw a case of a "bugged" baggage cars, clearly indicate a reproduction step, including ALL the above informations.

,the movement of the bus as well

Same as above.

the follow me sometimes just drives around the airport not on the taxiway atc has given me

Same as above, and when reporting a problem related to the follow me, include also the Runway or the place in the airport (lat/lon coordinates) of your positions when you called the Follow me, and which parking you selected as its destination.

the pushback drives through the "wingwalker" or marshall...

It surely doesn't. If you saw it on a specific place or situation, again, indicates ALL the informations we ALWAYS ask for a bug report.

thats a few problems for example, u happy now? not saying that i dont love this product, but there are still many problems..

And how are we supposed to do anything with the little information included in such kind of post ?  You made it look like as if GSX had the problems you reported everywhere in any situation.

This is not the case (otherwise WE first would noticed it and of course many user would noticed too), but it's clearly something it might happened to you sometimes, so you assumed it's the "standard" behavior, but it surely isn't. GSX works with 20.000+ FSX airports, you can't obviously expect we'd test them all, we can only tweak the program to being able to consider the most wide range of possible different situations.

Note that, a big part of this, is how GSX handles mistakes in the AFCAD made by scenery developers, who liberally use AFCAD features to do something they are not intended to, like playing with parking sizes to assign AI vehicles and companies, a lot of the problems you are reporting looks like being related to a "too small" parking size problem, which of course can be fixed in GSX without having to edit the underlying AFCAD.

There IS a reason we allow customization of parking specifications and vehicle placements, what you attributed to "bugged" movement, might be a result of vehicles starting in positions too crammed together so they don't have *physical* space to maneuver, especially the baggage train, which is fairly long, requires a bit of space in the parking spot so, editing it and either enlarging the spot, or placing the vehicle in a more sensible starting position (GSX can't obviously know about the surrounding buildings, but you CAN customize this), might solve a lot of problems.

Sometimes the problem might be related to the relationship between the vehicle starting position at a gate, the airplane's doors positions AND the actual position you parked in that specific case. At some parking, there might simply not enough space to use a front baggage loader, for example. Which is why, we allow to customize that parking position to disable it.

Again, first try to learn how to use GSX properly AND, when something looks wrong, ALWAYS file a proper bug report with ALL the requested informations, so we can replicate it and eventually fix it, if it's really a program error that can't be fixed with a scenery customization.

And please, don't reply in THIS thread (which is about the "Crew salute" feature) with a bug report. Make a proper separate thread, not in the GSX Backdoor, but in the proper GSX Support area, and possibly open a different thread for every different problem report. This will make us easier to track and follow.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 09:33:54 am by virtuali »

TuiflyX3

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 06:44:09 pm »
it surely doesnt? oh i have seen it with my own eyes, i´m pretty sure, the things i wrote here happend! just to lazzy to make a  picture of every situation and post it here,  which would doesnt work anyway to show u the problems..it surely doenst happen in GSX in generl, but for me many times! :P if i have the time i will post some "bug reports"

TuiflyX3

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 06:55:25 pm »
you have to understand that i´m not compalining, but the problems are just there, but i can live with them, this just fsx works, ´s gonna be never a perfect sim without problems

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2012, 07:30:25 pm »
just to lazzy to make a  picture of every situation and post it here

We never ever asked to post pictures to report a possible bug, we always asked for a very simple textual description:

- The airplane used, clearly indicate which airplane is, if it's not default.

- The airport used, clearly indicate which airport is, if it's not a default one.

- The gate used.

- The GSX operation selected and possibly the order of the operations selected if multiple operations were selected.

When doing a bug report, just provide all of this. Nothing less, nothing more. If we ever need more information to check a problem, we'll ask for it.

lpf20011

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2012, 01:43:50 pm »
With crew salute variations idea.

In Japan the ramp guys line up and bow to you as you leave... something that may not be too difficult to implement? MAybe not having them all line up but the bowing though?

Cheers,

Tim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2012, 02:30:40 pm »
In Japan the ramp guys line up and bow to you as you leave... something that may not be too difficult to implement?

Considering the Marshaller already bows, shouldn't be too difficult.