Author Topic: NEWS for JFK update?  (Read 13274 times)

aarnjer

NEWS for JFK update?
« on: September 07, 2012, 02:21:31 pm »
here is few links what could be improved to KJFK UPDATE
 these are links what are from previous topics
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3848.0
http://www.airliners.net/photo/United-Airlines/Boeing-757-222/1865934/L/
http://www.panynj.gov/airports/jfk-facts-info.html

I noticed there topics from two years just about the update for JFK what we like to see.

theshack440

Re: NEWS for JFK update?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 11:03:59 pm »
According to Umberto, once they finish CYVR (which should be soon if KLAX reflects the development timeline) they will begin work on the major JFK update. The JFK update, unlike the other updates for Zurich and O'Hare, will be a completely new airport in terms of modeling and texturing. This is what makes me so excited about it as a huge JFK fan. They are going to be redoing it and using techniques from KDFW, KLAX and CYVR -- and it will look as good if not better than those. It will also includes all the updates to JFK that have happened since 2008 and since it will most likely be released next year, they will probably (and hopefully) include the new additions to T4 since that will be opened in May. He said they are going to charge for it but likely give a discount to current owners of JFK (I for one am more than happy to pay for it)

If CYVR comes out in 2 weeks, let's say, JFK should probably be here by Spring or Summer. It may take shorter since they have already done it but maybe not because they are recreating everything... but I'm no developer so I'm really just guessing in terms of the timeline.

Hope that helps.
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

Silverbird

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 11:24:59 pm »
Been looking forwards to the update for awhile its a great idea! :) to update it 8) I get good frame rates for such a large airport and heavy surroundings I admit I will be sad to see some of the old buildings gone like the delta former pan am terminal :( the new ground work will look just amazing and frame rates should increase allot. hope too see it some time next year, there still doing construction so hopefully more information comes available and the jetblue area terminal is changing too with the  T5i expansion.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 11:28:16 pm by Silverbird »
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

Silverbird

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 03:18:11 am »
Here's a recent small article on the t5 expanson http://www.nycaviation.com/2012/10/jetblue-t5i/#.UGuRT03A8fg
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

theshack440

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 10:01:15 pm »
Very cool article indeed.

Here's the full release from B6: http://blog.jetblue.com/ (a few articles down)

While it would be cool, I don't see FSDT putting T5i in the update since it's not scheduled for completion for another 2 and a half years. Except maybe they will considering they did the new TBIT in KLAX? Regardless, very excited for JFK's progress.
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com

Silverbird

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 09:15:20 pm »
Very cool article indeed.

Here's the full release from B6: http://blog.jetblue.com/ (a few articles down)

While it would be cool, I don't see FSDT putting T5i in the update since it's not scheduled for completion for another 2 and a half years. Except maybe they will considering they did the new TBIT in KLAX? Regardless, very excited for JFK's progress.

Hi Wallace thanks for the link that's a good question I guess it depends on the info that becomes available hopefully it makes it in wish this had happened at least 2 year ago lol the construction.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

theshack440

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 06:21:52 am »
Hahah I feel the same way. I sure hope that more information is released because I would love to see it in the update. I really am mostly excited for CYVR's release so they can begin work on JFK  ;D

Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com

Brian S

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 08:56:05 pm »
Would love to see any updates for existing products be DX10 compatible please......

Paradox

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 07:21:43 pm »
Hope to see an update soon for the new taxiways (for example there's no more "KK" at 31L, it's now "KE")

theshack440

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 05:00:46 pm »
Umberto-

I know that Vancouver was just released, and I do not intend to be rude or hurrying, but do you guys have any sense of a timeline for JFK? You may not, or simply not want to share, and if so I completely understand, yet I can't help but be curious. If you are willing to share, is it going to be as long a development process as a new airport (CYVR or KLAX for example) or will it be different? I know there are too many of these types of questions asked in the fs world, but I am dying to know if the team has any idea yet.

Thanks for any answer.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 05:05:19 pm by theshack440 »
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 05:14:26 pm »
I know that Vancouver was just released, and I do not intend to be rude or hurrying, but do you guys have any sense of a timeline for JFK?

No, we don't. Yes, we already started working on it. No, we don't have a date, but it will be several months before we could even give an estimate.

We haven't decided exactly what to update, but we started working on the things we *surely* must change, but if this will end up redoing the entire airport from scratch, which means, 6-9 months minmum, we don't know yet.

theshack440

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2013, 12:14:19 am »
Thanks for the quick reply and the information. I'm excited to hear that you have started it and while it sounds like it will definitely be a while, it will for sure be well worth the wait.
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com

aarnjer

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2013, 01:58:47 am »
What clould be lovely JFK install option or tweak tool where user could decide what looking JFK he like to use from the old days? to present day
I bet there is still some who loved what the airport looked like in year 1994  :o gona miss those old terminals what where like JFK landmarks. as in TNCM had yellow low Terminal.

NMahinK

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2013, 09:58:21 pm »
I know that Vancouver was just released, and I do not intend to be rude or hurrying, but do you guys have any sense of a timeline for JFK?

No, we don't. Yes, we already started working on it. No, we don't have a date, but it will be several months before we could even give an estimate.

We haven't decided exactly what to update, but we started working on the things we *surely* must change, but if this will end up redoing the entire airport from scratch, which means, 6-9 months minmum, we don't know yet.

Will current users get a special upgrade price?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2013, 10:56:03 pm »
Will current users get a special upgrade price?

Sure.