Author Topic: FCLP MP Shack  (Read 4114 times)

GOONIE

FCLP MP Shack
« on: September 17, 2012, 07:10:35 pm »
Hey guys,
I know we have the FCLP mission Serge put together, which is great. But I was wondering if it could be adapted for multiplayer MP (maybe already is) while also adding a few things. Anyone good at making MP mission files?

Here's what I was thinking:
-Create a Multiplayer FLCP mission which anyone could join, at any time (don't need to worry about a moving carrier being synced) to fly FCLPs.
-Add a PLAT crosshair view to the available views for the mission (correct G/S and lateral view for the FCLP area, which is left of centerline). I understand this is not realistic, but having the PLAT cam view would be helpful to any MP LSO giving calls to pilots.
-Add a manual capability to pickle the wave off lights on the IFOLS for the multiplayer LSO in the shack.
-Setup a two hour MP window once a week to LSO from the shack, where players could join and leave as they please, while trying to follow NATOPS calls and procedures. If people join, great, if not, no big deal.
-Would be cool if mission was setup at NAS Aux. Fentress (NALF), where east coast Hornet squadrons bounce (when it is not closed).

Thanks to any takers for helping out, I just wanted to setup an easy to use (no syncing of start time) MP mission that once created could be hosted weekly and practice FCLP skills.

-GOONIE
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 07:12:25 pm by GOONIE »
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

Orion

Re: FCLP MP Shack
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 01:56:33 am »
The multiplayer mission system prohibits people from joining as players (which is required to be visible to others) after the session starts - it isn't a problem of carrier synchronization in this case.

Your best bet is just to host a normal multiplayer free flight session at NAS Aux. Fentress (NALF) and use the scenery based IFLOLS trailer.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 02:20:05 am by Orion »

GOONIE

Re: FCLP MP Shack
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 03:07:27 pm »
Bummer, I guess that is the car racing model/rules that FSX MP is built on??? I thought it was just to sync the carrier.

Oh well.
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."