Author Topic: problems gsx **SOLVED**  (Read 5108 times)

Davidedem

problems gsx **SOLVED**
« on: September 03, 2012, 03:43:53 pm »
Good afternoon, i have a problem with gsx. Last week i had reinstall fsx in another user. I also download gsx, i had installed it and when i open fsx a windows say me:this application has request the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way please contact application support. what i can do? thank you Davide. Sorry for my english, i am italian :)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 09:38:42 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: problems gsx
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 03:55:39 pm »
This has been discussed several times already, and it's not a problem with any of our programs but, instead, a problem of your Windows installation, related to the MS Visual C++ runtime libraries, which the Couatl.exe program requires, that are missing/corrupted or the wrong version.

Try to follow all the solutions proposed in this thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=6754.msg58130#msg58130

In this case, what fixed the problem for that user, was creating a new user account and run FSX and GSX on it, which was clearly an indication that something was wrong in his Windows install, and creating a new user fixed it in some way.

Another possible cause of this, is a bug of your audio drivers. Sometimes it's best to use the default audio drivers that comes with Windows, sometimes it's best to use the one supplied by the mainboard or audio card manufacturer, it depends.

Davidedem

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 05:51:09 pm »
ok sir, i try to do a new user but i have the same problem now i would try to remove the audio driver but i have a problem; i have this two audio drivers: nvidia driver audio hd1.2.22.1 amd realtek high definition audio driver, which audio driver i have to remove? thank you davide

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 09:00:22 pm »
Try to remove both, and let Windows use its default drivers for both.

Davidedem

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 04:16:57 pm »
i try to remove both but i have the problem yet and if i click ctrl+f12 fsx say me: gsx could not find valid afcad  data at this position services are not aviable

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 10:04:31 pm »
i try to remove both but i have the problem yet and if i click ctrl+f12 fsx say me: gsx could not find valid afcad  data at this position services are not aviable

This doesn't have anything to do with the audio driver problem but, there's a problem with your FSX install or your scenery.cfg or your FSX cache.

Try to force an FSX scenery cache rebuild, by removing the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes file. Let FSX AND GSX BOTH removing their own caches, don't stop until GSX has completed (if you press CTRL+F12 several times while it's working, you will see a percentage message for a few seconds on screen), then restart Couatl from the FSX Addons->Couatl menu and see if it works now.

Davidedem

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 10:05:23 am »
Ok i will try. I 'll let you know thank you davide

Davidedem

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 08:08:46 pm »
yeeeeeeeeeeee at the moment gsx work!!!!! thank you thank you thank you very much !!! davide