Author Topic: Taxiway and Parking Lines Dissapear  (Read 4409 times)

bradley27

Taxiway and Parking Lines Dissapear
« on: September 03, 2012, 12:34:56 pm »
I noticed that when flying in the bell chopper in FSX over Zurich all taxiway and parking lines dissapear until I am almost maybe 15 feet off the ground from landing again and they sudden appear...not seen this with other scenerys before so I was curious to know if this was a common issue....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Taxiway and Parking Lines Dissapear
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 12:56:23 pm »
15 feets doesn't seems normal. The scenery has a built-in fps optimization that turns off all ground lines above a certain altitude, but surely not at 15 feets.

bradley27

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 02:16:47 pm »
I know it's pretty low when the detail pops back into view, when I get in tonight I'll confirm it...

bradley27

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 10:21:18 pm »
This is a shot of the sim just as the lines appear again, you should be able to see on the altimeter the height that these lines appear again after dissapearing.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 10:53:32 pm »
This is a shot of the sim just as the lines appear again, you should be able to see on the altimeter the height that these lines appear again after dissapearing.

That's entirely different situation than the one you initially described. Your altimeter shows 1630 ft, and Zurich ground is 1416 ft so, lines are disappearing at 214 feet NOT 15!!

And that's how the scenery has been made: you surely don't need taxiway lines when flying, so the fps is kept up in the most critical phase of the flight, the final approach.