Author Topic: Something strange is going on with bglman.dll  (Read 5290 times)

cdleo22

Something strange is going on with bglman.dll
« on: June 18, 2008, 04:08:20 pm »
Real-time Scan
Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security has detected a virus, spyware application, or other Internet threat, and performed the action specified.

Infected file: C:\DOCUME~1\Chris\LOCALS~1\Temp\is-1HLCV.tmp\bglman.dll
Virus name: Cryp_Yodap
User name: Chris
Scan action result: 
Note: If Search for and clean Trojans is enabled and is executed after scanning, you can click Next to view final scan result information.
I have downloaded and installed the latest version of all scenerys by cloud9 and fsdreamteam I have window xp,.  really dont know what to do please help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Something strange is going on with bglman.dll
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 04:15:33 pm »
It's a known issue, and It's a problem of the antivirus. In order to catch virus yet unknown, most antivirus programs use heuristic techniques to report a virus. This means that, instead of relying on proven information about a specific program, they just analyze behavioral patterns, like programs that defends against tampering or using cryptography.

The solution would be in this case to specify to ignore bglman.dll from scanning, or to turn off heuristic detection.

cdleo22

Re: Something strange is going on with bglman.dll Very confused
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 11:05:19 pm »
Let me ask you this if I change the name of the bglman.dll it will not allow the sceneries to run,. Also the only time that I am getting this pop up from the virus program is when FS9 is running I cannot for some reason get it to go away. Thanks Chris

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Something strange is going on with bglman.dll
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 12:12:15 pm »
The correct solution is to tell the antivirus to exclude this file from scanning, or exclude the FS9\modules folder.