Author Topic: No Jetways  (Read 12945 times)

f14flyboy

No Jetways
« on: April 17, 2012, 04:28:44 pm »
I installed KLAS yesterday for fs9 but there are no jetways...is there a solution for this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Jetways
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 04:37:01 pm »
When there are no jetways, the problem is always another scenery in conflict, are you using AES maybe ? Try to turn it off, and see if jetways reappear.

f14flyboy

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 04:48:05 am »
I don't use AES and the only scenery that was there was simflyers KLAS which I removed and deleted and went back to the default scenery...but still no jetways...suggestions?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 10:55:24 am »
As I've said, the only way to lose *just* jetways, is either a problem with AES or another scenery in conflict.

f14flyboy

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 05:18:12 pm »
As I stated I don't use AES and it wasn't a problem with any other scenery I have, the self installer installed it into the wrong directory, I had to go in and move it to the proper directory and now all is fine...If there any updates that add static aircraft at the gates? that would make this scenery amazing...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 05:30:36 pm »
the self installer installed it into the wrong directory, I had to go in and move it to the proper directory and now all is fine...

It's not possible either the self-installer installed in the wrong directory, unless you had your FS9 registry key pointing to a wrong directory.

f14flyboy

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 05:46:56 pm »
Sir, I'm not arguing the point, it installed in the wrong directory, I physically moved it to where it should be and and everything is fine, it didn't have anything to do with AES or another scenery. The installer pointed to the main FS9 Root directory, all i had to do was move it from the root directory in to the addon scenery folder and it worked flawless....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 05:54:25 pm »
it installed in the wrong directory

No, it didn't, and nobody ever reported this before.

The installer pointed to the main FS9 Root directory

I've just ran the installer now and no, it doesn't do that, see the screenshot attached, my FS9 is installed into C:\FS2004 and, as you can see, files are installed inside the fsdreamteam\KLAS folder NOT in the root folder.

f14flyboy

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 06:09:58 pm »
Sir,
Mine shows the the same thing, the only way the scenery worked with the jetways to move it from where it installs in to the addon scenery folder...my screenshot is just like yours...

http://www.ourfiestyferrets.com/Images/COA%20Pics/fsscr167.jpg
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 06:24:08 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 06:17:21 pm »
Mine shows the the same thing, the only way the scenery worked with the jetways to move it from where it installs in to the addon scenery folder...my screenshot is just like yours...

This means the scenery WAS installed under the fsdreamteam folder NOT in the FS9 root folder as you said.

Now, you are probably having an entirely different problem, NOT the scenery was installed in the "wrong folder", the folder was correct, but it wasn't added to the Scenery Library so, by moving into the "Addon Scenery", it worked because that folder is already active.

Again, this shouldn't happen, unless you had an error in your scenery.cfg, that prevented the scenery to be added to the Scenery Library automatically, which is what the installer does.

f14flyboy

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 06:21:59 pm »
correct the fsdreamteam folder was installed in the fs9 folder, once i looked in the addon scenery folder and it wasn't there i knew something wasn't right, so i moved it in to the addon and poof, there the jetways were, this may have happened to a couple other people from what i read, so hopefully they will read our posts and figure out this could be the same problem they have and get them fixed too...the scenery is amazing and detail great, to bad there's no static aircraft...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2012, 06:30:56 pm »
correct the fsdreamteam folder was installed in the fs9 folder, once i looked in the addon scenery folder and it wasn't there i knew something wasn't right

Fact that nothing was installed in the Addon scenery is not an indication of a problem by itself, none of our scenery ever install there, they all install in their own folder under the fsdreamteam folder, under the main FS9 folder.

One can install a scenery anywhere, provided it adds its folder to the Scenery Library, which our installer surely does.

The real issue was why it wasn't automatically added on YOUR system, which can possibly be traced to a pre-existing error in the scenery.cfg.

And again, still that's something that doesn't add up. You said you only missed JETWAYS. If the problem was the scenery wasn't added to the Scenery Library, you should have seen NO SCENERY AT ALL.

So, I believe that by moving it to the Addon Scenery folder, you simply changed its priority, fixing the conflict with something else that prevented jetways to be seen.

So, we are back to the original explanation: something else was causing jetways to disappear.

the scenery is amazing and detail great, to bad there's no static aircraft...

Static aircraft in airport scenery are really something from the previous century, unless an airplane is *really* static (like a fire brigade training aircraft, for example) it's not really a good idea to forever lock a parking for any other use.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 06:33:52 pm by virtuali »