Author Topic: After Live Update, Latest Version of GSX Doesn't Work **FIXED**  (Read 4708 times)

evanet

Since installing the last standalone manager update that Live Update told me to install for GSX, vehicles are no longer placed correctly on the aircraft I use (Level-D 767 and PMDG 737 NGX). Please see the image below and note the position of the baggage container as well as the height of the vehicles.

Tried uninstalling and re-installing with no luck. Other than installing the latest standalone add-on manager update as instructed by GSX I have not made any configuration changes.

Windows 7 64-bit, FSX Acceleration. Control panel says the latest GSX version is 1.7.3. Live Update says I have the latest version installed.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 10:13:35 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: After Live Update, Latest Version of GSX Doesn't Work
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 10:28:04 pm »
Vehicles are all placed correctly in the two airplanes you mentioned, even with the last update.

Your problem is likely because you used a custom GSX.CFG for those airplanes, when there shouldn't be any need for it, since they are both natively supported. The release notes for the latest Live Update say that, if you used a custom GSX.CFG for already supported airplane, you should Reset its configuration, in order to use the GSX internal data, which is correct for the latest update.

Also, the Addon Manager should have downloaded and installed one of the 2 GSX Vehicles updates (depending how old was your GSX installation). If it didn't for some reason, you should download it separately and install it, the link is here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=5857.0

This includes all the updates to the vehicles since GSX was released. Or, you can just download the full GSX installer, it's the same, just a larger download.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 10:34:23 pm by virtuali »

evanet

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 10:56:30 pm »
Thanks so much for the quick reply. I forgot I had removed the default rear staircases on those aircraft which constituted a custom GSX.cfg. Deleting and re-initializing that through the new aircraft customizer solved the issue.

I had the vehicles update already installed in an effort to troubleshoot earlier today.

Evan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 10:15:31 am »
Thanks so much for the quick reply. I forgot I had removed the default rear staircases on those aircraft which constituted a custom GSX.cfg.

If you want to redo the customization now, with the updated editor and internal data, you can. Only GSX.CFG files made with the previous version had to be reset.

evanet

Re: After Live Update, Latest Version of GSX Doesn't Work **FIXED**
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 02:08:05 pm »
I just tried with the winglet version of the Level-D but the height of vehicles is again too high. I've discarded all customizations but the vehicles are still not placed properly. Regular, non-winglet version of the Level-D now that the customization has been reset is fine.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 02:16:17 pm »
I just tried with the winglet version of the Level-D but the height of vehicles is again too high. I've discarded all customizations but the vehicles are still not placed properly.

The winglet version is not a supported airplane in GSX, so you will have to create a new configuration with the editor.

Regular, non-winglet version of the Level-D now that the customization has been reset is fine.

Which is normal, since the non-winglet version is the only version that is supported by GSX out of the box.

evanet

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 02:29:33 pm »
That explains it, thanks again!