Author Topic: Old version??  (Read 8227 times)

JSE516

Old version??
« on: June 17, 2008, 04:57:08 am »
I have most of C9's sceneries and now KORD. I needed a little speed and decided to install C9's Phantom. Well that caused quite the drama, bglman hell!! I got it worked out by unistalling KORD and the Phantom checked the other sceneries and all was working so I reinstalled KORD and got the following message:
"You have an older version of Chicago O'Hare installed. Please download the latest version from www.fsdreamteam.com Scenery will be disabled"
So I uninstalled and re-downloaded from here and got the same message. Hehe I got suckered in to doing it one more time as well! ATM All my C9 sceneries are working and I guess I'll just write the Phantom off  :'( but I'd really like to get KORD back up.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Old version??
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 12:27:41 pm »
Probably the Phantom installer overwrote some files when it shouldn't.

The solutions is always the easiest one, after installing everything, if you have ANY problema, always install the Stand Alone Addon Manager as last. This will ALWAYS put the latest files, and that installer is always kept udpated.

JSE516

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 03:40:45 pm »
I've done that twice! as I said I completely removed both the phantom and O'Hare and then reinstalled just O'Hare and the addon manager found here--No go. I re-downloaded the scenery from here. I then uninstallled O'Hare and the manager and rebooted then reinstalled--No go

I believe the Phantom did something as KORD was working fine before I put it in.
BTW currently I have Pisa, ENBR, EHAM, KLAX & KDCA working just fine.

*Edit: Could one of the bglman files be locked so it can't be overwritten?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 04:51:00 pm by JSE516 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 08:34:14 pm »
Sometimes FS9 doesn't close properly, and locks all dll files from writing, so the installer can't update it.

Try to reboot first the, delete the following files:

FS9\modules\bglman.dll
FS9\modules\bglman.dat
FS9\modules\bglman_fsdt.dat
FS9\modules\bglman_skymakers.dat

The reinstall ONLY the Stand Alone Addon Manager. Of course, if you uninstalled any scenery or any airplane, first reinstall them all, THEN do the above, THEN reinstall the Stand Alone Addon Manager.

JSE516

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 01:15:56 am »
Still no luck  :-[

I manually deleted the 4 bglman files each dated 6-15-08 and ran the addon manager, upon loading I get the same error about it being an old version. In windows add/remove it says its version 1.1. Any other ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 01:21:41 am »
This is simply not possible.

The only explanation I have is that you haven't downloaded the latest version of O'Hare. Perhaps you still had an old installer in the browser cache and it wasn't really downloaded again.

Try the following:

1) erase your browser cache

2) download KORD installer again

3) download the Stand Alone Addon Manager again

4) install KORD

5) Install the stand Alone Addon Manager

JSE516

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 05:58:41 am »
Tried what you suggested and still the same  >:( I even did a reg sweep and manual search for any phantom entries before reinstalling and found some empty folders which I deleted but still no luck with KORD. If it matters I run the 3GB switch and I tried to install the AM with just the Fs9.1 crack as well as with the 3GB edited Fs9.exe.

Can the addon manager be corrupt or the installer? I tried dl'ing the AM from here and C9. Its odd that all the other AM C9 dependent sceneries are working just fine, is their a file I can send you that tells the version # it is? Or would it help to send you my bglman dlls?

Man their not kidding when they say speed kills  :o

System specs if it helps:
WinXP sp3 (Yes KORD was working with this!)
2GB RAM
8800GTS OC
SoundBlaster X-Fi
1x240 WD HDD (3 partitions C: XP D: Fs9 w/127gb free E: work software)
1x320 WD HDD (2 partitions F:storage G:games)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 11:00:47 am »
Check your email for a possible solution.

JSE516

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 01:34:43 am »
Thats the ticket ;) I'm back in action!

I'll send a report ASAP  :)

britbeef

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 10:16:01 am »
I have the same problem following a re-install of FS9, although in my case I am getting the message for Zurich as well as for O'Hare.  I have tried re-installing as you recommend but with no result.

Can you suggest a solution please.

Bob

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 12:14:32 pm »
Just wait a little bit, because we are updating all the installers now. Check your email, I'll send you a solution that works.

britbeef

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2008, 05:01:57 pm »
Thanks - that's great.

Bob