Author Topic: My PHNL buildings are gone  (Read 9309 times)

Manny

My PHNL buildings are gone
« on: August 26, 2012, 06:37:47 pm »
nevermind! Now, its back

BTW..why does it constanlty prompt me to update the addon manager...why this high freqency of changes to addon manager? and is there a place one can download the latest download manager if one wants to?

« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 06:47:37 pm by Manny »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: My PHNL buildings are gone
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 07:46:56 pm »
BTW..why does it constanlty prompt me to update the addon manager...why this high freqency of changes to addon manager?

You are probably confusing a MINOR update, that will update only some support files related to sceneries and GSX, with a MAJOR update, that will ask to update the Addon Manager. The Addon Manager updates are way less frequent and it has been weeks since we had one. Instead, we had several minor updates these days, but they don't require downloading the Addon Manager and don't even require restarting FSX.

Of course, if you don't apply a major update when prompted, it will keep prompting you, until you either do the update OR you chose the DISMISS option, which will not prompt you for that update, until the next one is released.

and is there a place one can download the latest download manager if one wants to?

IF an Addon Manager update is required, the Live update will automatically open to the Addon Manager download page. And, there are links on each and every Info page of every product, there's a link on the Home page of the Website, and there's a link on the FAQ page too. Really impossible to miss it...

petakas

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 10:09:26 pm »
Same happened to me.

I had updated GSX manually (full installer from website a month ago).
I was also getting the automatic downloads from add on manager so I was "up to date".

Today I land at PHNL and .. no buildings.

I download and install full GSX again and ... buildings show up.

This is not good; to loose all buildings and get them back only after going to website and installing again GSX.
Each time I will have to be testing PHNL if buildings appear before departing from other airport. :(
Kyprianos Biris

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 10:38:49 am »
The Addon Manager doesn't updated everything automatically, just the things related to GSX and its own stuff. If PHNL disappeared, perhaps the problem is that your PHNL installation is outdated.

petakas

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 11:26:25 am »
is that your PHNL installation is outdated.

What does this mean ?
When/how does a scenery installation become outdated ?
The above is not critique but rather a technical question so that I do what is necessary not to face same issue again.
Kyprianos Biris

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 02:04:01 pm »
When/how does a scenery installation become outdated ?

It might at any moment, and we also have a notification system for it, but it's possible you might have disabled it long ago and forget about it, so you don't receive any notifications for PHNL updates anymore.

Try to uninstall PHNL and download its current installer now, and install that one.