Author Topic: SUCCESS!!! Reinstallation Problem Solved!  (Read 2572 times)

KEITHGE

SUCCESS!!! Reinstallation Problem Solved!
« on: August 22, 2012, 02:01:36 pm »
After removing & trying to install KLAX and GSX numerous times without success (kept getting little white error msg boxes popping up during the loading of any location data within FSX), it suddenly dawned on me that I did not complete a whole GSX ground service scenario (I never saw this mentioned as a possible concern in any other threads where folks are having installation issues) when I last flew with the WILCO 737 PIC aircraft.  So here is the process I went through to get both KLAX & GSX to install properly and function as normal AND to not cause the error messages to pop up:

1. UNINSTALLED KLAX & GSX completely
2. DELETED the FSDreamTeam folder in the Main FSX folder.
3. RAN FSX as Administrator (Don't really know if the Administrator rights have anything to do with the KLAX and GSX loading issues)
4. SELECTED the WILCO 737 PIC aircraft to fly (This was a new add-on aircraft I just purchased to use in the KLAX area)
5. SELECTED KSTL (Lambert International) as the starting airport and ready to fly on the ACTIVE runway with all engines running.
6. ENDED the flight (Never left the ground - I just wanted the aircraft to load and be fully operational & running)
7. CLOSED FSX completely.
8. INSTALLED Stand-Alone Add-on Manager first.
9. RAN FSX as Adminstrator to see if it would fully load without errors (Sure enough it did!)
10.  INSTALLED GSX (Run as Administrator).
11. RAN FSX as Adminstrator to see if it would fully load without errors (Sure enough it did!)
12. CHECKED under Add-on in the FSX menu, and everything looked A-OKAY!
13.  INSTALLED KLAX (Run as Administrator).
14. RAN FSX as Adminstrator to see if it would fully load without errors (Sure enough it did!)
15. SELECTED KLAX as the starting airport, tested functionally of GSX using the Follow Me to a gate, and everything does appear to be working normally. 

NOTE: I am still getting some transparency objects (fuel truck with just wheels and driver), but that could possibly be a graphics card driver so I will check for updates.  I just bought my ASUS system so I am thinking I have the latest drivers, but you never know.

BOTTOM LINE:
  If the last time you flew in a certain aircraft AND you started GSX servicing that aircraft without letting it complete, then just go fly that same aircraft in Step 4 above.  You should be back in business.

SUMMARY:  If you are having "similar errors" in the loading of FSX after GSX or any FSDreamTeam scenery have been installed, then my process should serve you well, and get you back to having fun with online flying.

CHEERS!
Keith

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: SUCCESS!!! Reinstallation Problem Solved!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 02:51:29 pm »
If the last time you flew in a certain aircraft AND you started GSX servicing that aircraft without letting it complete...

You don't have to let a service complete, hence the option in the menu to reset.  You solved your problem, but that wasn't the cause.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: SUCCESS!!! Reinstallation Problem Solved!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 11:21:07 am »
Nothing in your needlessly long process was really needed. You only had to be sure you installed the latest full GSX version. Yes, of course the updater are supposed to work but, in case they don't, try the full installer first.