Author Topic: Reinstallation PROBLEMS!!!!  (Read 2631 times)

KEITHGE

Reinstallation PROBLEMS!!!!
« on: August 21, 2012, 11:07:59 pm »
Background:  The KLAX scenery and GSX were working perfectly except for a few objects that were transparent.  Upon your advice, I uninstalled GSX and reinstalled it.  After that, I have been unable to get FSX up and going as normal.  A little white box (error message) keeps popping up stating that an "unknown addon is causing the Addon Manager to restart."  I click OK and it goes back to FSX, but only to have the error message pop up again. It repeats this routine within 5 secs after I click OK.  VERY FRUSTRATING & UNNOYING since it was working OK yesterday except for the transparencies.

ACTIONS:  I have uninstalled both KLAX and GSX, and deleted any folders referencing FSDREAMTEAM.  Reinstalled KLAX only, and the problem still persists!  I wish I had just lived with the transparency issue in GSX because it was at least functional, and my FSX was working fine.  No other Add-on was installed other than the two I mentioned (KLAX & GSX).

SOLUTION NEEDED:  I simply want a fix that will resolve the issues cited.  No virus software was operating, and I downloaded the Addon Manager from your site.  I love the scenery and GSX services, but I wish I could get everything operational again.  Based upon other input messages I have read from other users (purchasers), we all seem to be having problems with reinstallation.  I sure-fire step by step would be extremely helpful, because what has been suggested thus far has not resolved the problem.  I just want to be a happy simmer enjoying what I paid for.  Your products have added so much to the flying experience, but resolving the reinstallation issues simply has to be an easy process that everyone can follow.

PLEASE HELP

KEITHGE

Re: Reinstallation PROBLEMS!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 11:28:17 pm »
UPDATE:   With the KLAX and GSX removed from my system, FSX is operating normally.  Perhaps it is just the order in which these products are installed, but at the heart of the issue, is the ADD-ON MANAGER (e.g. Couatl app).  All the messages point to it as being the source of the problem.  Hope that helps in the analysis!

Waiting for solution!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Reinstallation PROBLEMS!!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 11:26:22 am »
The KLAX scenery and GSX were working perfectly except for a few objects that were transparent.  Upon your advice, I uninstalled GSX and reinstalled it.

Nobody suggested that reinstalling GSX would fix THIS problem (others, maybe, but NOT this one)

If some GSX objects can't be seen, this is not a GSX problem so, it won't be fixed by reinstalling GSX. In all other threads that discussed this problem, the solution suggest was always this one:

- First try to reset your video driver settings to default. Be sure you don't use "Transparency Antialiasing"

- If that doesn't work, try to update your video driver too.

- If that doesn't work, try to reset your %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG file, to have FSX rebuild a new one with default settings, be sure you have the "Advanced Animation" option enabled

- If that doesn't work, try to "Repair" your Acceleration or SP2 installation, this has fixed the problem for some users.