Author Topic: Very Disappointed! No buildings, just jetways.. zoom out-objects disapear  (Read 9351 times)

flyfree10

I feel like I have been robbed by you guys. Could not have been more angry with the scenery. KJFK no buildings appear. Also, when I start FSX after installing JFK it shuts down immediately. Either you guys fix it or I want my money back.

theshack440

I'm no expert but it sounds like you should either re-install the scenery (run the installer again) or check to make sure that the JFK scenery you bought it active. FSDT scenery, when not activated or installed properly shows jetways and taxiways, but no buildings, so your problem may be a simply installation issue.

It also seems possible that JFK is too much for your computer to handle, so it shuts down after loading the airport. Could you post your computer specs? As it would probably be helpful to Umberto, myself and anyone else who wants to help you out.
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

flyfree10

I just bought this computer and its rating is a 7.9
I have Nvidia 670 GTX
Intel core i7 3.8ghz 8thread 3820
12 gigs of ram
A sweet mother board

I know my computer can handle this. I have tried re-installing it 4 times and that does not help either. And yes I have activated it and installed it and the stupid airport wont load... O and now at KDFW there is a giant hole in the ground glitching on the north end of the airport. Like thats totally realistic.....

flyfree10

Ok I got the buildings in KDFW
But NOW THE TAXIWAYS ARE GONE
wtf

Frank Lindberg

Easy, easy... I'm sure it's your PC that cause the problems some how. If you calm down we can try to help you. Ok?
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

Flyingnut

• Flyingnut
Before purchasing, all FSDT product have a trial period to test the product before you buy.
Marty
PPL - Instrument Rating

flyfree10

I understand the trial version... I activated the product already. And no im sure it is not my pc... Tbh i say its this product.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
First, you shouldn't use this kind of attitude on the forum, before even knowing what the problem is (is never the scenery, of course...)

You can't demand refunds, when you have been given plenty of chances to test the scenery on your system BEFORE purchasing, and the fact we sell everything in Trial mode, is clearly explained all over the website.

Now, please, could you explain your problem better ? You say you now got the buildings (so it wasn't a scenery problem, after all), but not the taxiways. Please, explain what do you mean with this: are you missing the WHOLE taxiway, or just the yellow line ?

If it's just the yellow lines, this has been explained countless of times on the forum already, and it's obviously made intentionally, it's an fps optimization, and yellow lines disappear after a certain distance and altitude. If you are zoomed out too wide, they'll disappear too, the scenery has been designed to be used with a zoom of about 0.70, which is universally recognized as being the most realistic one.

If your problem is a different one, please describe it more clearly.

flyfree10

Yes it is the yellow line problem... But when I zoom in as well as out the yellow lines still are not there. And I tried re downloading KJFK airport, but your link is dead.... And yea I understand your "countless" ways to test the scenery. I did test the scenery and now, after purchasing, it does not work. sweet

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Yes it is the yellow line problem... But when I zoom in as well as out the yellow lines still are not there.

I can only confirm the lines are there. Please, clearly indicates exact coordinates when this is happening, and your zoom level.

And I tried re downloading KJFK airport, but your link is dead....

No, it's not, is working correctly, tried it just now.

And yea I understand your "countless" ways to test the scenery. I did test the scenery and now, after purchasing, it does not work. sweet

There's no difference whatsoever between the trial version and the purchased version, save for the duration of the *buildings*. Yellow lines are not even part of the trial so, they won't disappear even at the end of it.

flyfree10

How do I adjust the optimization level so that when I zoom out I can still see the jetways and baggae carts. Also, when I say there are no yellow lines on the taxiways I mean just that.... There are no yellow lines on the taxiways.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
How do I adjust the optimization level so that when I zoom out I can still see the jetways and baggae carts

You can't. We should modify the scenery but, as I've said, it's correctly made for the zoom level we decided being the most correct one.

Also, when I say there are no yellow lines on the taxiways I mean just that.... There are no yellow lines on the taxiways.

They are here and on every other user system (otherwise, we would have had thousands of similar reports by now), provided you use the zoom level we designed the scenery for which, as I've said, it's about 0.70. This doesn't mean you have to always use 0.70: most of the places you can go wider than that, but 0.70 should work everywhere.

And, as I've said in my previous message, please, clearly indicates exact coordinates when this is happening, and your zoom level.

flyfree10

I zoom in and out and there are no taxiways... Seriously its not that difficult. There are No taxiways at KDFW. And why would you not allow customers to adjust the optimization levels? Seems sort of silly to me.  :D

simaddict

Seems kind of "silly" to everyone here that you are the only one having this attitude. Gee....maybe when you figure out what you did wrong you will feel "silly", too. Ok, seriously gonna try to help. Any chance you deleted the addon manager, thinking you didn't need it anymore, after installing the sceneries?? That would mess everything up. If so just go to the products page and reinstall the stand alone addon manager. 
Cooler Master Tower.
TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) MOTHERBOARD
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I zoom in and out and there are no taxiways...

That happens on your system only, nobody else ever reported it, nothing should be missing from zoom level 0.70 and more.

There are No taxiways at KDFW

There are no taxiway at KDFW on YOUR system only.

And why would you not allow customers to adjust the optimization levels? Seems sort of silly to me

How many 3rd party sceneries allows user customization of the LOD thresholds, assuming there ARE LOD threshold to begin with ? Exactly none, of course. And, opposite to any other scenery out there, you CAN customize loading ranges in our sceneries (which is a different thing that LOD switching), by using the "Anti pop-up" slider in the Addon Manager, which controls the visual range of smaller objects, reducing visual pop-up. No other developer allows to adjust this, so you were wrong on this one too.

And no, the Addon Manager doesn't have anything to do with this, because if it's not running or not installed correctly, you will not see ANY buildings, not just the yellow lines.

Another that might have an effect on this, is that you haven't set your video card as explained in the KDFW manual, especially the part that instructs to turn off "AAA Antialiasing" ( Adaptive Anti-Aliasing ), also known as "Transparency Antialiasing", with some cards this will make some ground texture disappear, which is why we put that alert in the manual. Note that this doesn't have anything to do with the ability of use regular antialiasing, it's the separate option called AAA or Transparency AA that can cause problems, not the Antialiasing as such.