Author Topic: Remote PC Interface  (Read 7395 times)

edward57

Remote PC Interface
« on: August 07, 2012, 06:17:57 am »
thanks for the great package!.. even though I purchased and loved the support vehicles and the animations, I am not using the software at the moment ..
I am not using it because I have a 737 simpit and the menus that come up on the screen (3xprojector) are huge and not very realistic to call the followme vechicle after landing etc !

I noticed in another thread about an API that was looking to be developed, this really is an important add-on.. then we can develop a remote interface (s/ware or web)
that we can use at an instructor station where the calls to GSX could be made.

In saying that the API needs to have some added functionality to it as well such as a call for acknowledging open/close of individual doors.

I use PROSIM and the crew open/close doors automatically at the gate, and based on if the engines are running, the collision light and pressing the ground call button, and the indicators light on the overhead, so there is no switch or keyboard combination, in fact you dont see the doors open at all on the external model (not important in the sim)
The flight model used is the Jetstream737 (written specifically for Prosim & FSX) and uses the Default737 external model as external is not that important for most PROSIM or Project Magenta users.

But as the indicators come on in the pit, in our case, the instructor would acknowledge the individual doors are open in the GSX software and the animations would perform as intended.
as with the closing of the doors as well.

Now my request to investigate the API may seem a little selfish, but as more and more people are building simpits (due mainly to the reduction in costs of the components and the simplicity of connection) I am sure that not only would you sell more software, but many others that use even 2 screens let alone multiple PCs, would soon reap the benefits.

Please reconsider this option as a sooner rather than later addon...

Ed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Remote PC Interface
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 11:42:30 am »
A remote interface has been considered and discussed already but, we need first to finish GSX with all its features and services, because some of them are still missing and were promised long ago.

OmniAtlas

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 12:50:52 am »
Hello - is this still being considered?

Would like to use your software in a home cockpit environment -- using menus on the visual generator (P3D v4) to call up push back would be a no go.

Thank you.

joefackel

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 03:45:04 pm »
+1

OmniAtlas

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 01:44:03 am »
Its only been 5 years...maybe it isn't happening.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 08:43:04 am »
Its only been 5 years...maybe it isn't happening

And just 3 people participated in this thread.

That's the main issue: it's a feature that will be useful only to a tiny minority of the user base so, it's possible we might add it, but only if there aren't any other new features left to add, which will useful to everybody. And, our list of such improvements will keep up busy for years.

OmniAtlas

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 09:01:37 am »

There are a few other threads also requesting this feature, and also on the Prosim forum -- I personally did not post anything until now because I have been patiently waiting :)

But now at least we now we know you have other priorities for the software so I don't have to keep on waiting.

I will look at other software solutions.

Regards.

joefackel

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2017, 12:52:06 am »
A first big step would be if we could set an Keycommand for some services.

Also i would like to see the possibility to set the service handler fixed to the GSX choice.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 10:25:03 am »
Also i would like to see the possibility to set the service handler fixed to the GSX choice.

This feature has been there for months, since you can specify the operator in the parking customization page. Of course, like any other setting in that page, you can do it for a single parking, for multiple parkings, an entire terminal, or the whole airport, depending what you select on the left side of the editor.

joefackel

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2017, 10:57:40 am »

This feature has been there for months, since you can specify the operator in the parking customization page. Of course, like any other setting in that page, you can do it for a single parking, for multiple parkings, an entire terminal, or the whole airport, depending what you select on the left side of the editor.

To be honest, i didn't took the time to look into parking customization, but i will do in the near future, thx for pointing my lazy ass into the right direction  ;D

To add something to my first post: if we are able to access the options of GSX's pop-up menu with key commands instead of mouseclicks it would be possible to work at least with keyboard macros. Maybe that would be an way to get a kind of external interface.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2017, 11:17:35 am »
To add something to my first post: if we are able to access the options of GSX's pop-up menu with key commands instead of mouseclicks it would be possible to work at least with keyboard macros. Maybe that would be an way to get a kind of external interface.

Can't you simply use some kind of joystick/keypad that can be programmed send keyboard macros ? You will still see the GSX menu, of course, but at least you might not need to use a full keyboard.

joefackel

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2017, 11:38:20 am »
Can't you simply use some kind of joystick/keypad that can be programmed send keyboard macros ? You will still see the GSX menu, of course, but at least you might not need to use a full keyboard.

That is exactly the way i had in my mind, does that mean we are already capable to access the GSX menu via keyboard commands instead of using the mouse, did i again missed that possibility in the manual?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2017, 01:24:04 pm »
That is exactly the way i had in my mind, does that mean we are already capable to access the GSX menu via keyboard commands instead of using the mouse, did i again missed that possibility in the manual?

The GSX menu is just a standard Simconnect menu so, if you are referring to the single menu entries, they respond to numbered keys, like any other similar menu in the sim.

Rustydog

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2017, 09:08:09 pm »
I use Voice attack for this very reason. No key presses needed or mouse clicks. All voice controlled. eg. I say "Ground services" menu pops up. "ready for push" next menu appears. Push left/right please. etc.etc. Voice commands are processed into key presses and it works like a charm. Ok not all possibilities are covered but most can be. Just my way of doing it. Hope it helps. Steve.
Intel Core i5 4690 (OC 4500Mhz), GeForce GTX1060 6gb GDDR5, P3Dv4.4, PMDG 737u,

OmniAtlas

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2017, 05:23:18 am »
I use Voice attack for this very reason. No key presses needed or mouse clicks. All voice controlled. eg. I say "Ground services" menu pops up. "ready for push" next menu appears. Push left/right please. etc.etc. Voice commands are processed into key presses and it works like a charm. Ok not all possibilities are covered but most can be. Just my way of doing it. Hope it helps. Steve.

The issue with this Rustydog is you completely destroy the illusion of your homecockpit. This may be fine for a desktop sim, but I am making an Airbus sim out of genuine components -- ( http://www.soarbywire.com for my build progress). I cannot have text menus on the visual front.

With voice attack perhaps I can just program shift-p 1 or 2 to push back left or right, that is the best options I can think of right now.