Author Topic: Green text bar in P3Dv4  (Read 2421 times)

Helix1250

Green text bar in P3Dv4
« on: September 21, 2017, 10:00:11 am »
Good day everyone,

I just wanted to see if its just me or anyone else is seeing what I am seeing.

When I load my sim to a senario, the GSX green bar pops up as normal, but its position is half way down the screen and not at the top as usual.  GSX works fine however, so I am not to bothered, it just struck me as odd.

I have checked it in my V3.4 install and that one is fine, its just v4 that it is doing it.

Anyone else seeing this?

Rob

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Green text bar in P3Dv4
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 10:43:17 am »
When I load my sim to a senario, the GSX green bar pops up as normal, but its position is half way down the screen and not at the top as usual.  GSX works fine however, so I am not to bothered, it just struck me as odd.

What you are looking at, is not "the GSX green bar", meaning it's something specific to GSX. Is the standard green bar for messages, shared by all Simconnect applications and, same as with the menu, no application has any control over it.

What might have happened, is that you might have undocked it at a certain time, then moved it, and docked again, so the sim saved its position. You should be able to fix this by undocking it again, and move it back on top of the screen so, any application (including GSX), which use the Simconnect text window, will have it in the proper place.

Helix1250

Re: Green text bar in P3Dv4
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 10:49:22 am »
Hi virtuali,

I have tried undocking the window, moving it up and then docking it again. But every time I select GSX the green bar re-appears at the bottom of the screen again.

I have recently found that if I remove FSUIPC 5 the latest version the problem goes away. So it looks like a glitch somewhere in FSUIPC maybe.

Rob