Author Topic: Cuotal engine crash  (Read 4076 times)

elysion

Cuotal engine crash
« on: August 05, 2012, 10:02:37 am »
I am having an issue for all my liveries as the Cuotl engine always crashes with all my FSDream Team liveries. whats the problem?
its really annoying, after every livery install and register of teh serial i made sure to install teh addon manager on top of it. to no avail.

thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Cuotal engine crash
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 10:04:23 am »
This was explained in another post already: if you updated the most current GSX version, you'll have to download and install the updated PaintKit too.

Do a backup of the sim.cfg files of your repaints first, because after installing the updated Paintkit, you'll have to put back your own [flightsim] sections.

elysion

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 06:44:50 am »
Sorry I have posted that in the wrong section. I am not talking about paint kits. I meant in general the installation of all my FS Dream Team Sceneries I have they crash upon loading of FSX. I guess I have to reinstall them one by one again from scratch and should i install the latest add on manager after each installation of each scenery right and register each scenery after installation. thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 11:54:50 am »
You don't have to do anything like that. Just install GSX using the most current installer after all the sceneries, this will also install the latest Addon Manager automatically.

You will have to update a scenery ONLY if you get the "you have an old version of xxxx" message at start.

elysion

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 11:27:13 am »
Uninstalled all FSDream Team and Flight beam products, started from scratch and GSX at the end, still to no avail, this Cuotal engine is currently crashing, please advice its getting very annoying, here two screenshots. please help
thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 11:39:29 am »
Uninstalled all FSDream Team and Flight beam products, started from scratch and GSX at the end, still to no avail, this Cuotal engine is currently crashing, please advice its getting very annoying, here two screenshots. please help

It's not Couatl that has crashed, it's MSVCP80.DLL that has caused a crash. This means you have a problem with your VC++ 2005 runtimes installation. You might try to "Repair" your FSX install, or the FSX SP2 install (or the Acceleration install, if you have that one)

elysion

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 04:22:18 pm »
Okay thanks Umberto, will have a look with my PC guy about that. cheers