Author Topic: No code to install new purchase?  (Read 16597 times)

barnstormer16

No code to install new purchase?
« on: August 04, 2012, 01:11:43 pm »
I received my XClass yesterday, a CD in a thin mailer.  When trying to install it I came to the page requiring my name and some code that was supposed to be on the "case".  There is no case, the only code on the mailer is a number under a square bar code. That doesn't work.  There are two different order ID's on the CD itself, neither works.  So where the heck do I find this code?
William Cox

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No code to install new purchase?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 10:48:20 pm »
So where the heck do I find this code?

Your Serial Number is in the purchase receipt which was sent to the email address you specified when purchasing so, you should received it immediately after the order, long before you receive the CD. If you lost it, you can retrieve another copy as explained on our FAQ page:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/faq.html

I have lost my Email receipt, how can I reactivate my product ?

You can go to Esellerate support site here:

http://store.esellerate.net/support

You can retrieve your Order History, by inserting the email you used to purchased the product, then press the "E-Mail Order History" button. Having your Order, will allow to use the server-assisted Reinstall. If you want to know your Serial Number, insert your Order Number and Email, then press the "Submit" button on the Esellerate support site: this will enter inside your Order Page, with option to see your original Email Receipt, that contains also your Serial Number.

barnstormer16

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 11:28:18 pm »
Yes, I finally figured that out this morning.  I had filed that with all of my purchase confirmations.  I was confused because the guide said it was on the package, case, whatever.  I'm not angry, but you might want to rewrite that or something.  Every company has different ways of doing things, and it sure helps if it's spelled out in the package or at least in the product guide you get with the CD.  It's frustrating to buy something and have to go through all of that.  Heck it took a Google search before I ever found where your forum was.  I know now it's in the guide, but I was on the pages trying to load the thing.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 12:04:23 am »
I was confused because the guide said it was on the package, case, whatever.  I'm not angry, but you might want to rewrite that or something.

You should understand that X-Class is not a product we published, but it's something that we "inherited" from Cloud9, and they wrote the documentation, I guess the wording was taken from the documentation of another CD-based product from Cloud9, and it hasn't been changed ever since.

And, it's not even the regular X-Class, the World CD version is the only product we sell on CD, and it's kind of a special case, because it's not really a boxed product sold at retailers, but is a service (the CD shipment) that Esellerate offers as an alternative to their normal purchase method.

In fact, if you checked your purchase receipt, which arrived as soon as you ordered it, there was a link to download the product while you wait for the CD to arrive in the mail so, everything you needed to install the product was in your purchase receipt: download link AND Serial Number, right after the purchase.

Heck it took a Google search before I ever found where your forum was.

Well...no. I believe the original documentation from Cloud9 that came with it refers to the support site as being www.fscloud9.com, and that website is still active now, with a single home page explaining that in 2009 we took over support for Cloud9 products, with links both to this website, and to this forum.

barnstormer16

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 07:59:22 pm »
I got you.  I didn't realize all of what had gone down in the past concerning the product.  It is a good product however.  I'm very pleased.  As a side, I get CD's for big stuff when I can because I have Satellite Internet.  Can you say "Fair Access Policy"? :-)