Author Topic: pmdg 747-400 config  (Read 8855 times)

aaron

pmdg 747-400 config
« on: July 30, 2012, 04:06:23 am »
Hello All
this is all new for me and are just starting to work my way through it but when i use my PMDG 747-400
moat of the ground equipment eg stairs catering loaders are all out of position.
Dose some one have the right config file for this aircraft.
cheers
aaron  :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: pmdg 747-400 config
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 10:23:57 am »
There's no need for a config file for the PMDG 747-400, since it's a natively supported airplane in GSX. Nobody ever reported a problem with it so, the only possible explanation is that you tried to do a GSX.CFG for it yourself, and made some error.

Remove any GSX.CFG you have for the PMDG 747-400, either in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes\PMDG747-400 folder, or in the Simobjects\Airplanes\PMDG747-400 and try again, it must work without any GSX.CFG file.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 01:53:06 pm »
There's no need for a config file for the PMDG 747-400, since it's a natively supported airplane in GSX. Nobody ever reported a problem with it so, the only possible explanation is that you tried to do a GSX.CFG for it yourself, and made some error.

Remove any GSX.CFG you have for the PMDG 747-400, either in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes\PMDG747-400 folder, or in the Simobjects\Airplanes\PMDG747-400 and try again, it must work without any GSX.CFG file.
Hello Umberto, I have seen some users using the door of the 2nd floor, how do you create a new door in GSX?

wsmeier

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 07:12:40 pm »
Hello Umberto, I have seen some users using the door of the 2nd floor, how do you create a new door in GSX?

Just FYI, the upper deck doors on the -400 can't be used for entry/exit as they're blocked by the evacuation slide assembly. At least that's how I remember them from the time I worked at UAL in the 90s. Maybe other airlines are configured differently. So to me it would look strange to have a jetway extend to the upper deck.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 07:17:22 pm »

Just FYI, the upper deck doors on the -400 can't be used for entry/exit as they're blocked by the evacuation slide assembly. At least that's how I remember them from the time I worked at UAL in the 90s. Maybe other airlines are configured differently. So to me it would look strange to have a jetway extend to the upper deck.
indeed.. just doing a configuration for a few of my users that are obsessed to load from that door.
and is like that for all the airlines.. it is an emergency exit as the doorr/windows ove the wings.
cheers

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 07:18:31 pm »

indeed.. just doing a configuration for a few of my users that are obsessed to load from that door.
and is like that for all the airlines.. it is an emergency exit as the doorr/windows ove the wings.
i am more interested in seeing what Umberto tells us regarding "adding another exit", to see if this possible.
cheers

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2018, 09:49:19 am »
i am more interested in seeing what Umberto tells us regarding "adding another exit", to see if this possible.

You cannot create "another" exit if you mean adding a 5th passenger door.

GSX supports 4 passenger doors so, you must choose to reuse one of them, for example Exit 3, to be the upper deck door, and just place it where it's supposed to be, with the proper control variable assigned to it.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2018, 10:38:24 am »

You cannot create "another" exit if you mean adding a 5th passenger door.

GSX supports 4 passenger doors so, you must choose to reuse one of them, for example Exit 3, to be the upper deck door, and just place it where it's supposed to be, with the proper control variable assigned to it.
yes, that is what i figured... thanks U.