Author Topic: Question and a request  (Read 2745 times)

mortonrb

Question and a request
« on: July 30, 2012, 01:24:28 am »
First let me say that I purchased the software as soon as it came out and I really enjoy it.

Question:
Are there any plans for repaints and configuration on the fuel truck like your other vehicles?

Request:
Would there be a way to put a weigh factor for the airline code contained in the aircraft.cfg file.   This would allow cargo and charter airlines to get specific services when parked at ramps and cargo locations without changing the airports afcad file.  For example:
[fltsim.99]
title=FSDT_Staircase_WFS
model=01
texture=WFS
couatl.icaoprefixes = K LFPO VOCI VTBS
couatl.atc_parking_codes = _WFS
aircraft_parking_codes = FDX

This would allow WFS stairs to come to Federal Express aircraft rather than some random selection.

Thanks again for a great product.

Bill
Bill
i5 2500K@ 3.30Ghz, 8gb ddr3, GeForce GTX 760 2gb, FSX w/Acceleration, Windows 7 x64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Question and a request
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 10:33:41 am »
Are there any plans for repaints and configuration on the fuel truck like your other vehicles?

There are plans to improve refueling in general, much more than just repaints. No timeline at the moment.

This would allow WFS stairs to come to Federal Express aircraft rather than some random selection.

As explained several times, it should be the airline code of the *parking* that affects the selection of the service vehicles, not the airline code of the airplane, because it would otherwise lead to unrealistic situations, like an airplane flying internationally, that gets serviced by vehicles from his own country when in a foreign airport, instead of the local services, as it should be.

And, the selection is not random, is based on a scoring system (explained a bit in the manual, and in a more detailed way in the PaintKit), with random selection happening ONLY if the score is a tie.

Which means, to obtain what you want to achieve, you should ensure your AFCAD has the parking codes of the handling company for the parking spot you use.

mortonrb

Re: Question and a request
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 11:22:40 am »
Umber to

Thank you for your quick reply.

Bill
Bill
i5 2500K@ 3.30Ghz, 8gb ddr3, GeForce GTX 760 2gb, FSX w/Acceleration, Windows 7 x64