Author Topic: Bglmanx.dll Causing CTD  (Read 4638 times)

marineman2031

Bglmanx.dll Causing CTD
« on: July 27, 2012, 02:08:38 am »
Hello,

After updating and bringing all my FSDT sceneries up to date, I was having an issue even booting into FSX. The addon manager updated all files including the bgl.dll file, which I believe caused it to crash. After removing the file from my main FSX file I no longer received the issue, and am curious to know if anyone else received the issue. Thanks.

Jordan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Bglmanx.dll Causing CTD
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 10:13:17 am »
If FSX QUITS (not crash) to desktop without any error message, it's because the Addon Manager files haven't been updated entirely, so you have some mis-match between old and new versions.

This can't be caused by our installers, since they all take the most current version online, so it's not possible you would end up with mis-matched version, under normal conditions.

What might happen, instead, is that your antivirus is mistakenly blocking the download of .dll, wrongly assuming it was a threat, but is letting pass the other files, which are not executables so are not checked, and this will result in mis-matched versions, with some files updated and some not.

In this case, the correct procedure, as explained in many other threads, is:

- DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX, with the antivirus entirely OFF

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

If, instead, FSX is CRASHING to desktop, with an error message, it could be an entirely different issue, but then you should post the error message content, to understand what is causing it.

perohijo

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 01:34:42 am »
I have similar problem with the latest addon manager FSX. I downloaded it twice (without antivirus) with the same results. Here is a screen shot of the error I have.
I uninstalled the latest manager but I have the same error so I say NO when FSX aske me if I want to run it, but when I go to one the FS Dreamteam airports they do not load right. I"m going to uninstall them and reinstall them again and see what happens.

perohijo

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 01:50:45 am »
I will have to uninstall the addon manager completely because I still have the error and the airports do not show. I never have this problem before even with the antivirus enabled, so I don't know what the problem is. I deleted the previous manager so I have to install all the airports again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 10:40:03 am »
I uninstalled the latest manager but I have the same error so I say NO when FSX aske me if I want to run it

Why you did exactly the opposite as instructed ? It's fairly obvious that, if you say NO to running the Addon Manager, nothing will work. To undo this, you should do this:

- Uninstall the Addon Mananger and (IMPORTANT) reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

Replying YES to these question will revert the mistake you made not allowing to run the module, so you can reinstall it again and being asked again. This time, be sure to authorize all the modules, both the Addon Manager and the Couatl engine.

I will have to uninstall the addon manager completely because I still have the error and the airports do not show. I never have this problem before even with the antivirus enabled, so I don't know what the problem is. I deleted the previous manager so I have to install all the airports again.

There's no need whatsoever to reinstall all the airports. Nobody has told you to do this. I repeat and confirm this problem will be fixed if you follow the above procedure, don't skip any step, especially the rebooting of Windows.

Always allow the module to run, even if FSX says it might crash and even if it DOES crash, keep trying. If still doesn't work, reboot Window and try again a few times.

If still doesn't work, be sure you don't have anything checked in the "Compatibility" tab of the "Properties" of the FSX.EXE file. Do not run FSX in any of the "Compatibility" modes, leave everything on that page un-checked, which is how Microsoft installs it.

perohijo

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 10:09:18 pm »
FSX crashes if I click YES to run the program, whereas if I click NO it will load normally. I am aware that by doing that the manager will not work but since I already tried SEVERAL times to reinstall it and run it and FSX keeps on giving me the same error, I do not believe the solution is to keep on trying no matter what. It should not cause any problems to begin with, and as I mentioned before, it never gave me that kind of problem before. It is very simple. If it is causing problems there is something wrong with the application. The reason I decided to reinstall the airports is because since the manager doesn't work after several installation attempts, I see not other choice but to reinstall them. I will try one more time and I am going to restart the computer. If I have the same problem, then something else is causing the application to fail.

perohijo

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 10:16:05 pm »
When I try to install the application and ask me to run it I always say yes. What I meant by NO is when FSX tells me that the application has compatibility issues and that if I want to run it. If I click on YES FSX will crash, hence the reason I say NO. I tried the installation about six times with the same results, and then I uninstall it again. At that point I decided to post here my problem. None other previous versions gave me any problem before other than telling me that the there was a new version available. As I mentioned before I will try one last time and see what happens.

perohijo

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 10:58:42 pm »
OK I just reinstall the application and I did not get an error. I will run FSX and then restart it. ;)